Introduction

Options
Hi everyone... I started making "changes" (I refuse to use the D word this time) at the beginning of February and things are going well....so far. I started out at 230 and I'm down to 214. I had previously done Weight Watchers and was doing a "modifed points" program just out of my head, but I sense I'm getting what I like to call "food slippage". I'm 41 and weight is an issue for my entire family. I was lean up until I was 25 and then my mum passed away and I ate my way out of that situation.

My two favourite foods - chocolate and peanut butter and if you put the two together, I'm done for. It calls to me in its best Barry White voice.... (come on over baby.. you KNOW you want me...) but I'm trying to resist. I met with a nutritionist who said the best advice... eat your favourite food in small amounts and slowly and be sure it gets directly on your tongue. If I do eat toast with peanut butter, I eat it upside down!!!!

I am actually exercising this time and I have already come off 1 BP med and should be off both soon, and that was my main motivator. My husband is rail thin and has some kind of freaky metabolic rate and can pretty eat whatever and do nothing, then climb a mountain and not get winded. It really pisses me off.

I find I swing from eating too much to too little and then get starving and eat the wrong food. I think it's because I hate to exercise and do all that sweating and then waste it by eating. Wrong attitude, I think. My goal weight is not attainable until next January, so I'm going to be around for a while!!!

Je triompherai de mes faiblesses!

Replies

• frenchfoodlover
    Options
    Hi everyone... I started making "changes" (I refuse to use the D word this time) at the beginning of February and things are going well....so far. I started out at 230 and I'm down to 214. I had previously done Weight Watchers and was doing a "modifed points" program just out of my head, but I sense I'm getting what I like to call "food slippage". I'm 41 and weight is an issue for my entire family. I was lean up until I was 25 and then my mum passed away and I ate my way out of that situation.

My two favourite foods - chocolate and peanut butter and if you put the two together, I'm done for. It calls to me in its best Barry White voice.... (come on over baby.. you KNOW you want me...) but I'm trying to resist. I met with a nutritionist who said the best advice... eat your favourite food in small amounts and slowly and be sure it gets directly on your tongue. If I do eat toast with peanut butter, I eat it upside down!!!!

I am actually exercising this time and I have already come off 1 BP med and should be off both soon, and that was my main motivator. My husband is rail thin and has some kind of freaky metabolic rate and can pretty eat whatever and do nothing, then climb a mountain and not get winded. It really pisses me off.

I find I swing from eating too much to too little and then get starving and eat the wrong food. I think it's because I hate to exercise and do all that sweating and then waste it by eating. Wrong attitude, I think. My goal weight is not attainable until next January, so I'm going to be around for a while!!!

Je triompherai de mes faiblesses!
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    C'est bon!!! :laugh: I don't even know if I wrote it right!!!! Welcome to MFP!!! You have made the right choice.

Take care!!!!
    Annette
  • jpwarner
    jpwarner Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    congrats on droping a BP med. I was able to drop my cholesteral meds but have a long way to go on BP.

Welcome to MFP and enjoy the ride.