My journey/story

Options
When I started working out I would come to this website to keep me motivated to work out. Over the past year I have made great strides in my health and fitness. So, I come here today to share my story to possibly help other people who are struggling like I was.

Before I started working out I was eating McDonalds what seemed like every other day. I was drinking 3-4 cans of soda everyday ever since I can remember. I enjoyed sitting on the couch and watching TV. So, it was safe to say that I rally did not do much at. My eating habits were anything but healthy.

Than one day I noticed I needed to change. I decided that I had to change. Eating fast food and drinking soda every day had to go.

Here is what I looked like before I started working out.
2j5jfhh.jpg

The first thing I did was eliminate all fast food and soda drinks. At that moment in time it was very hard to do. I think the hardest part was getting rid of soda. I went through a couple weeks of caffeine withdrawal. I was tired, had constant headaches and all of that. After that and to this day the only thing I really drink is Water, Orange Juice, and Tea.

My eating habits went from fast food to fruit and home cooked meals in moderation. No more junk food, cake, candy or any of that (ok maybe once in a while).

Now I cut out all the bad food/drinks it was time for me to work out. At this point I could hardly run for a minute, and could not do a push up. It was at this time where I decided to give P90X a try. One thing I liked about this was that all the moves could be modified. I ended up doing about 60 days and had to take a little break due to college starting up.

After about 2-3 weeks into college I started back up on P90X again. Went for another 40 days and life took over and got busy again.

But, determined to get back on track I picked up Insanity. I ended up doing just about over half of that program as well. But, once again school and life kicked in.

This leaves me to where I am right now.

I went from a pant size of 42 to a 36. I don't know how much weight since I don't have a scale.

I went from doing 0 push ups to being able to do 30+ without trouble.

I went from not being able to run for 30 seconds to running a mile in under 11 min.

As of now I am running a mile every other day and doing push ups and situps on the days between. Waiting for summer break from college to start on insanity again.

Here is what I look like now. Taken a couple days ago.

vs0ydy.jpg

Still need to lose a little more weight and continue to work at it each and every day.

Replies

• LoveMy3Boys
    LoveMy3Boys Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing your story! I am sure it will help others :)

Congrats on your weight loss. You look 10 year younger!
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is a great story! and you've done sooo well! Keep up the great work and great job coming back to p90X :)
  • Careolyn
    Careolyn Posts: 61
    Options
    You are looking great, keep it up buddy! Thanks for sharing.
  • bizgirl26
    bizgirl26 Posts: 1,808 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. Great job
  • tlc12078
    tlc12078 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Looking good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!