Best Protein Bar

2»

Replies

• Sunshiny2
    Sunshiny2 Posts: 24 Member
    I haven't tried a lot of brands, but I really love Clif bars.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    I like the mint Balance Bars
  • Zombriana
    Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
    Think Thin is good. :)
    230 cal and 20g protein. They have an espresso flavor that is bomb.com
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    make your own. most protein bars are loaded with sugar EW
  • Razkler14
    Razkler14 Posts: 74
    Yes to what others have said about store bought ones! They are ****! Full of crap and sugar!

MAKE YOUR OWN!

Takes just as much time and effort as it takes to drive to the store and buy a premade one only for 1/4 of the cost and 100% better health benefits...
  • Razkler14
    I am obsessed the Jamie Eason's protein bar recipes...
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jamie-eason-livefit-recipes-main-page.html

All Jamies recipies are amazing huh! The carrot cake is BOMB
  • Razkler14
    I got horrible gas when I ate a protein bar. Does anyone else have this problem? If so, what did you do? I gave my boyfriend my bars, but I really need to eat them to add protein to my diet.
    Eat meat? Greek yogurt? You really shouldn't supplement too heavily.

One, make sure your drinking enough water!!! It takes our body a lot of effort to process proteins and it needs water to do so.

Secondly, it takes our bodies time to adapt and adjust to changes in our diet. If you had just introduced extra supplemented protein into your diet the gas and bloating may have occurred. If you are sensitive to it, ease it into your diet and in time the gas will subside. Other reason is, some protein bars are full of garbage!

Like the other guys said, don't supplement to heavily, it's best to get protien from whole food sources but shakes are great for immediately after a workout or right b4 bed!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Clif Builders are 270 for 20g =/ I'm personally not a fan of that sugar alcohol they put in the other protein bars.
    I've got a box of Quest Bars on its way, we'll see how they are...
    19g of "fiber" from their frankenlab "isomalt" might be an experience.
  • BRoch911
    BRoch911 Posts: 1
    Premier Nutrition at 30g protein vs 10g sugars, 24g carbs and 290 calories. I like the yogurt peanut crunch and peanut butter chocolate crunch. Sams carries a variety box. Keep it in my office desk.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    EthanJeremiahsMama Posts: 534 Member
    QUEST PROTEIN BARS!!
  • sadira86
    sadira86 Posts: 23 Member
    another vote for thinkthin bars. they're the only kind i can eat. and no/low sugar.