• rpantusa
    rpantusa Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    thats amazing great work! :flowerforyou:
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Just awesome.

I stopped using my scale about a month ago. It wasn't moving and was only frustrating me BUT then I realized my pants were falling down and this cute little cap sleeve blouse I have was loose around my upper arms when it hadn't been before. So I have only been weighing myself every week to week and a half. I am now totally IN LOVE with my tape measure however. Good thing I keep it in the basement with my sewing and crafting stuff otherwise I'd probably become a tape measure *kitten*.
  • sipseyab
    sipseyab Posts: 59
    Options
    You look fabulous!! I stopped weighing myself two weeks ago for the same reason. I've lost a total of four inches and have dropped a size in jeans, but the scale says I haven't lost a single pound. And now I don't care! :-)
  • Laura80111
    Laura80111 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    Great post...yep I too am a scale *kitten*:blushing: but am hoping to wein myself off of it soon!

Your pics are a great incentive for me to get the weights out more often too
  • Srmmelson
    Srmmelson Posts: 31
    Options
    I love this story! I have been in the same situation, and it's good to know I'm not the only one! I have been really frustrated because the scale hasn't been moving at all! I have started to take measurements and look for signs of improvement that do not involve the scale. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Jenjaz1910
    Jenjaz1910 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I've read on here over and over.....the scale is only a guideline. Let me be the first to admit - I am a scale *kitten*. :laugh: I have cut back from weighing in every day to only Mon, Wed and Fri! That is a HUGE accomplishment for me. In Jan, I noticed some of my old jeans were fitting, but the scale wasn't reflecting much loss. So I started to take pictures. In March I had a goal - 135 by my 35th birthday. I made it a few days later at 135.6, but I really think it was a fluke and a belated b-day present because the scale went back up. I am now fluctuating between 138.8 and (today) 141.2. As much as I REALLY want to get under and stay under 140 - I'm actually starting to like what I see in the mirror. My eyes do not see what everyone else sees, unfortunately this is due to many years of ED. I've had people compliment me, but I didn't (dont') see it. But after my work out last night and before my shower I caught a glimpse of me in the mirror and thought ...."wow, the hard work seems to be paying off". After looking at the pictures, I don't really see much of a difference. However, the way my pants and belts fit tell a different story.

Last nights picture is after doing about 2-3 weeks of Ab Ripper X. My husband is doing P90X and I've been doing the Ab portion with him. I also run 3-6 miles a week and lift weights 2-3x per week.

I do not have a picture of me at my highest weight of 154lbs....I hated the camera!!

Oct. 2010 - 150'ish. Anniversary cruise (also after a month of REALLY working hard (lots of cardio, stomach and little weights) to look good for the cruise. Again the scale did NOT reflect anything as I was still at or over 150lbs)

MFP2010.jpg

Jan 2012 - 145lbs

ab-1.jpg

April 2012 - 140 (Last night after my workout)

sideviewApril25.jpg

frontviewApril25.jpg

And just for fun.... kinda proud of my arms!! :bigsmile:

armsapril25.jpg

So I guess the point of this post is that if the scale is not moving.... DO NOT get discouraged!!!! I am addicted to the number on the scale and I am finally realizing that I think I look better now, more toned, than I did when I weighed 133 with ED!! Weights can be your friend as well - I used to only do a little bit of weights b/c I didn't want to get too "bulky'. My thoughts on that has changed dramatically!!!

Good luck to all and thank you all to my MFP friends for all your support!! :happy:

You look amazing WELL DONE!!! x
  • PercivalHackworth
    PercivalHackworth Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic :)
  • katheharwood
    katheharwood Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look awesome!!! I have stopped weighing myself everyday and now do it once a week. I am happier with the way my clothes fit and the amount of exercise i can do. The scale is only one portion of this journey and should not be the final judge.

I agree...it's much more than what the scale shows, and I'm learning what works for me by adjusting my carb-protein-fat intake, along with my exercise regimen...but I am still a bit "scale-obsessed", and I really need to focus on weighing in only once a week. BTW SeaChele77, you look great! Keep up the great commitment! :)
  • aj_31
    aj_31 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You look amazing.
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    You look great! Forget the number on the scale and keep up the hard work!
  • radradradradrad
    radradradradrad Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what i needed to see! awesome work! you look amazing!
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Looking great and so fit!

Have you met Staci? She went from 117 to 141 (after losing a bunch of weight)! She's my inspiration!

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options

Have you met Staci? She went from 117 to 141 (after losing a bunch of weight)! She's my inspiration!

http://nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

I did read that story and a very inspirational story it is!! It was one that really started to help me not focus (too hard) on the number and worry more about what I look like and feel like. I still want the number a bit lower, but not anywhere near where I originally wanted it (I originally thought 130 would be awesome - that would now be a bit scary. :noway: )
  • Fitwam
    Fitwam Posts: 275 Member
    Options

I did read that story and a very inspirational story it is!! It was one that really started to help me not focus (too hard) on the number and worry more about what I look like and feel like. I still want the number a bit lower, but not anywhere near where I originally wanted it (I originally thought 130 would be awesome - that would now be a bit scary. :noway: )

You look great! Okay..I admit...I am a scale *kitten* too! I've got to put that dang thing away and just keep working out and take measurements! BF%!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • jmeek32
    jmeek32 Posts: 2
    Options
    You look fantastic and it really is more about how you feel and how the clothes are fitting then what the stupid number is! Keep up the hard work!
  • mikihainesy
    Options
    You look great! What a difference!

Guilty of being a scale *kitten* here too! And I needed to hear this today. Even though I keep telling myself to concentrate on the way I feel, how my clothes fit, and body fat %, I have been getting very discouraged because my scale is being a total ***** and either staying the same or moving up a little just to go back down to the same weight. I'm also getting discouraged because I'm not "seeing" a difference in the way I look. Hopefully when I measure myself next month I'll see some inches lost and can stop feeling so aggravated and frustrated, at least for a day :laugh:
    This is me down to a tee. Chele you inspire me. The weight you hated (154) was my start weight :-\ I just want yo taste 140 if only for one day! Rock on.girl, you look a-ma-zing!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    thank you for sharing! you look great!
  • roodledoodle
    Options
    Thanks so much for posting this! I was getting a bit obsessed with the scales and forgetting to think about what physical changes were happening. You've certainly inspired me to take pictures to compare to see progress.

By the way you look absolutely amazing :smile:
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hate the scale!

You look amazing, just throw your scale away :wink:
  • Prettylittlelotus
    Prettylittlelotus Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I hate the scale!

You look amazing, just throw your scale away :wink:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!