Turkey sandwich OD

Options
I have a 30 minute lunch break and have to pack my lunch for work. I can't look at another turkey sandwich. Any ideas that are under 350 calories?

Replies

• seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Plenty of ideas on the recipe board as well. I do soups and leftovers most of the time. I also do canned chicken breast which I add different spices and sauces to depending on what I am in the mood for.
  • free2live72003
    Options
    I have been making a variety of wonton wrapper cupcakes lately and freezing some for later. These make great easy lunches--just pop in a microwave for a minute or less. Last night I made lasagna cupcakes and pizza cupcakes. Each cupcake is between 175-185 cal. Just google for recipes.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken-seasoned with a side or on a sandwhich/pita.

Tuna salad-with avacado and seasonings

leftovers from dinner
  • rower75
    rower75 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of tuna and low fat cottage cheese - high protein and low carbs. Usually bring about 6 ritz crackers and a nice salad.
  • nikrit84
    nikrit84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Smart ones/Lean Cuisine. Quick, Filing, AND GOOD! I love a lot of the different varities.
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Granola bar and fruit cup or fresh fruit salad, soup, potato salad, egg salad, wraps, mixed nuts and apple slices with yogurt or peanut butter, string cheese... the possibilities are endless! :)
  • cindyhow27
    cindyhow27 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I make wraps with deli flat out wraps with either tuna, grilled chicken or turkey and add tomatoes, lettuce and RF cheese, add salsa, light mayo, mustard, light caesar or light sesame dressing and you can have something different each day. + fruit, red pepper sticks on the side
  • tmpayton
    tmpayton Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I have a "healthy" tuna salad:
    2 cans chunk light tuna in water, drained
    2 med stalks celery, chopped
    1 med carrot, chopped
    1/2 med red pepper, chopped
    1-6 oz container Chobani PLAIN Greek Yogurt
    juice of 1 lemon wedge
    pepper to taste

Makes about 2 1/2 cups, 4 servings Usually eat it as a sandwich on Wonder Smart wheat bread (50 cal a slice)

Great protein
    low carbs
    low fat
  • SassetG
    SassetG Posts: 19
    Options
    Tuna is great, with or without bread! Also, brown rice keeps you full for a while, add some seasoned chicken to it for flavor. Penut butter in moderation is also a meat free way to mix it up.
  • SassetG
    SassetG Posts: 19
    Options
    Yum!
  • mcfish618
    mcfish618 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love taking a low carb healthy tortilla shell and then either non fat refried beans or bushes texas ranchero beans or black beans (drained well) and making me a bean burrito. I have plastic containers that have the diveders in them so in bring shredded lettuce, a slice of fat free cheese, tomotatoes, salsa, black olives, lite sour cream and that way my beans are in there own container, warm them up put them on the tortilla shell add all of my other goods stuff an a very very filling lunch that taste awesome.....Then for dessert I make up fage greek PLAIN yogurt with a couple of packets of splenda and then a few tablespoons of instant sugar free bannana pudding (the powder in the box) mix that up and few squirts of low fat redi whip and I have what taste like a bannana cream pie that is super high in protein.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I bake chicken breast and the "stir fry" them with frozen veggies and some soy sauce and garlic. I then portion it out and freeze. On my way to work, I just grab one out of the freezer and microwave it at lunch time.
  • Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave? Some weeks I make a bit pot of turkey chili to take for lunch every day.