Random information

Options
AmberJslimsAWAY
AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
A hard boiled egg is done when you can spin it on the top or bottom and it actually spins. It won't spin if it's raw.

Cheap Aerosol hair spray will get ANYTHING out of clothes. I've gotten permanent marker out of a shirt.

Dawn dish soap kills fleas better than any flea shampoo I've ever used on my dogs.

What's your random information?

Replies

• RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you stretch your arms out wide and measure the distance between your two middle fingers, this will be exactly your height!
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    RAF... It's also the length of... Oh, wait don't want to get this post deleted....
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    Cheap Aerosol hair spray will get ANYTHING out of clothes. I've gotten permanent marker out of a shirt.

Will it ruin the shirt though? My husband has several very nice button down shirts that have pit stains on them that the dry cleaner couldn't -- or wouldn't because it would ruin the design on the shirt -- get out. The shirt isn't necessarily dry clean only it's one of those "recommended" dry clean shirts.

As for the topic, I've got nothing. :cry: I suck.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    A hard boiled egg is done when you can spin it on the top or bottom and it actually spins. It won't spin if it's raw.

Dawn dish soap kills fleas better than any flea shampoo I've ever used on my dogs.

wait!!! how does hairspray do that?!?!

1+1= 2. . . i think lol
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

Will it ruin the shirt though? My husband has several very nice button down shirts that have pit stains on them that the dry cleaner couldn't -- or wouldn't because it would ruin the design on the shirt -- get out. The shirt isn't necessarily dry clean only it's one of those "recommended" dry clean shirts.

As for the topic, I've got nothing. :cry: I suck.

I've never had anything get ruined by this. It doesn't work as well if the clothes have been washed and dried. But you get the CHEAP hairspray, in the aerosol can, spray the crap out of it, rub it a little, let it dry and wash it. The marker took me a few times washing (no drying) but it came out.
  • chefkev
    chefkev Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    several more permanent markers and you have a new colored shirt!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options

wait!!! how does hairspray do that?!?!

1+1= 2. . . i think lol

My crazy theory is that the hairspray molecules dry on to the substance, and trap it, and then when you wash it, it pulls it out? Think febreeze commercial! lol
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    English food has no flavor because back in the day you used to spice the crap out of slightly rancid meat. To show that you made someone fresh meat, you did not add spices.
  • RAF_Guy
    Options
    R Lee Ermey - the tough drill instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket - was initially intended to be only there as the technical advisor. Kubrick changed his mind after Ermey put together an instructional tape, in which Ermey went on an extended hair-raising drill instructor tirade towards several extras, convincing Kubrick he was the right person for the role.
  • doorki
    Options
    R Lee Ermey - the tough drill instructor Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket - was initially intended to be only there as the technical advisor. Kubrick changed his mind after Ermey put together an instructional tape, in which Ermey went on an extended hair-raising drill instructor tirade towards several extras, convincing Kubrick he was the right person for the role.

He also ad libbed all of his lines.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    Options
    Elephants are the only animals with 4 knees
  • dane11235813
    dane11235813 Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    If you stretch your arms out wide and measure the distance between your two middle fingers, this will be exactly your height!

false...
  • doorki
    Options
    The pistol shrimp stuns its prey by "shooting" a loud sound at them by snapping its claw shut. The cavitation bubble will reach speeds up to 60 mph and can reach volumes of 218 decibels.
  • RAF_Guy
    Options
    If you ever have a hire car or a new car and are not sure which side the of vehicle the fuel cap is on, then simply look at the dashboard and it will show you:

whichsidethegascapison.jpg

I had been driving for 15 years before somebody pointed this out to me!!!
  • doorki
    Options
    wow...that is pretty cool. learn something new everyday lol.
  • bsktlvr
    bsktlvr Posts: 17
    Options
    Mio Water Enhancer
    The Gimmick: Water is the healthiest beverage on earth, but according to Kraft Foods, it's "like a yawn in a glass." Enter their new product Mio, brightly colored, artificially flavored concentrate that "enhances" your perfectly healthy glass of H20. In addition to petroleum-based food dyes linked to ADHD and allergies, the third ingredient is propylene glycol, another petroleum-based ingredient used, among other things, to make plastics and keep paint from drying out. And sure, it's "calorie free," thanks to sucralose, an artificial sweetener created by processing sugar with chlorine gas.

Eat This Instead: If your water bores you, don't turn it from a natural wonder into a modern-day chemistry experiment. Slice up a lemon, add some frozen or fresh fruits, or brew some iced green tea
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If you spell out all the numbers individually, (one, two, three..etc.) you’ll have to get to a thousand before you find the letter ‘A’
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

not if you have a cave man, I have short arms, short legs, and a long upper body.
  • notdancinganymore
    notdancinganymore Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Barns use to all be red, because it was the cheapest color of paint. And amen is the last word in the bible.
  • doorki
    Options
    The first person to run a marathon died right after finishing.