Nervous for surgery tomorrow

Options
curvykim78
curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
Tomorrow I'm having a breast augmentation...I'm getting nervous now. After 2 years of running, exercising, and finally eating right I am going to reward myself. My kids and pregnancy haven't been overly kind to my body...so as much as I hate to spend the money, i have decided I am worth it. I can make my body look better and myself feel better. I'm doing it for me. But darn it, I'm nervous for tomorrow!~

Replies

• w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda jealous, I would love to be able to do that, maybe even a tummy tuck too!

You'll be fine, it's normal to be nervous. I'm sure everything will go well and pretty soon you can post pictures of the girls for all us MFP pervs!

Best of luck to you!
  • onedayillbeamilf
    onedayillbeamilf Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    We will say a prayer.
  • KellChil
    KellChil Posts: 1
    Options
    I did this for myself 15 years ago. i've never regretted it.! Good for you!

My daughter had the surgery when she was 22. Now at 28 she feels she may have gotten the wrong size - too big. that is a mistake that I might have made, had I had enough skin to even make it an option. I would caution you to carefully make your size choice, with back pain and shoulder pain in mind...
  • Vixen0113
    Vixen0113 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good luck you deserve it!!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have the opposite kind of surgery lol

Youll do fine. Youre in my thoughts :)
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Im an kind of envious. I think Iw ill be getting this as soon as I hit my goal. Its understandable that you are nervous but this is a very routine surgery. Hopefully you did the research and chose a good doctor so take assurance in that.
  • missykm7
    missykm7 Posts: 42
    Options
    I always end up with a spotless house the day before surgery or a procedure because of nerves. :) Good luck to you!
  • HMD7703
    HMD7703 Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I am right behind you (May). Please keep us updated on how you are doing!!!

Best wishes!
  • beckers80
    beckers80 Posts: 134 Member
    Options

Same here! ppl say that is the first to go when you lose weight. i think i have the opposie problem, and dont need anymore!
  • kpittman0612
    Options
    I am going for a Plastic Surgery Consultation next Friday to discuss a tummy tuck and breast augmentation surgery. I am so excited! You will do great! Pray about it and know that you will come thru just fine! Best of luck!
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    There are a few things you can do to reduce the stress about surgery (I've never had that sort of surgery, but have had several surgeries before). The number one thing you absolutely must do is be COMPLETELY honest with the medical team. Don't fudge the numbers on your weight; be exact with things like alcohol consumption; list every medication or supplement you've taken in recent history. These things all affect how the anesthesia will function and need to be taken into account to ensure the correct dosage.

Second, ask any and all questions or concerns you might have, even if they seem stupid or downright ridiculous. It's for your own peace of mind and odds are your surgeon has heard it all before. You don't want to go into it stressed if you can avoid it.

Third, follow all pre-op instructions to a T. Even if you don't understand what an instruction could possibly accomplish, it's there for a reason.

Finally, do something that relaxes you today. Spend time with a friend or family, do a hobby you like, watch your favorite show or listen to your favorite music. The less you dwell on the surgery (which won't do any good anyway), the better you'll feel and the more relaxed you'll be tomorrow. Also don't worry if you're too nervous to sleep; you'll sleep plenty after the surgery.

Best of luck to you!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options

Same here! ppl say that is the first to go when you lose weight. i think i have the opposie problem, and dont need anymore!

I wish mine would go away! I've lost nearly 25 pounds and am very near my goal weight but my Ds are still Ds.
  • lour441
    lour441 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. Make sure to include before and after pics in your follow up post.
  • cinsuccess
    cinsuccess Posts: 333 Member
    Options

Me too! Every time I've gained weight, they get bigger but then when I lose the weight, they never go down. It has caused me a lot of pain over the last few years so I've scheduled myself for a reduction in June. I'm using it as added motivation to get as close to my goal as possible since I won't be able to exercise at all for at least one month!!
  • juicy011
    juicy011 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you. You're totally worth it hun!!!! I'll keep you in my thoughts, you're gonna do just fine! :drinker:
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I am going for a Plastic Surgery Consultation next Friday to discuss a tummy tuck and breast augmentation surgery. I am so excited! You will do great! Pray about it and know that you will come thru just fine! Best of luck!

OMG don't do it at the same time. I had a tummy tuck last July. The pain was insane. I wouldn't have survived if they did it together I swear.
  • curvykim78
    Options
    We will say a prayer.
    Thank you!!
  • curvykim78
    Options
    Im an kind of envious. I think Iw ill be getting this as soon as I hit my goal. Its understandable that you are nervous but this is a very routine surgery. Hopefully you did the research and chose a good doctor so take assurance in that.
    Oh yeah, he's a good one. He did a previous surgery I had. LOTS of research!
  • curvykim78
    Options
    I always end up with a spotless house the day before surgery or a procedure because of nerves. :) Good luck to you!
    LOL Yep...I spent the weekend cleaning, and all day so far cleaning, laundry, chopping foods for the hubby to cook easier..and thanks!
  • curvykim78
    Options
    Good Luck. Make sure to include before and after pics in your follow up post.
    HAHA nice try...although I did take pics for myself to see.