New

Options
Hello All,My name is Teresa and I am new to MFP.I am trying yet agian to lose weight.:mad: A co-worker suggested this site and says she has had fun with the community support and is actually lose a few pounds.:smile: I hope I can too.I turned 50 this year and my current weight is 194lbs.My goal is to lose 50lbs.Well here I go..
:wink:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP your freind told you right...She gave you one of the greatest gifts you could ever receive again welcome aboard and good luck on your new journey:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hello All,My name is Teresa and I am new to MFP.I am trying yet agian to lose weight.:mad: A co-worker suggested this site and says she has had fun with the community support and is actually lose a few pounds.:smile: I hope I can too.I turned 50 this year and my current weight is 194lbs.My goal is to lose 50lbs.Well here I go..
    :wink:

Hi Teresa, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    If I CAN DO THIS, YOU can too! We've got a lot in common! I was about the same weight and age as you when I started with MFP, and a friend of mine ALSO recommended this site!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • auntyali
    auntyali Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Teresa! I too turned 50 this year and have decided to take on the task of becoming healthy again. I am excited to see all the community support that is available and just need to become better at asking for encouragement when I need it.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,992 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.:laugh:

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day. The best way to find a group is to go to the “motivation and support” message board and read a lot of the threads until you find a group that has what you want, then reply and say you want to join and then participate regularly with them and get to know them. My groups are 50+ women and senior golden sneakers and we might be a little old for you, although if you wanted to join, we would welcome you. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Sandyat50
    Sandyat50 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sandy. I just joined as of today. I am 49 and have been struggling with my weight for the last 15 years. I am hoping the tools and forums on this website will keep me motivated and make it a fun way to achieve my goal, which is a hefty 60 lbs. I have never blogged before, so this could be fun!
  • teajames
    teajames Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thank u
    and i really like your quote about temptation
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi. My name is Sandy. I just joined as of today. I am 49 and have been struggling with my weight for the last 15 years. I am hoping the tools and forums on this website will keep me motivated and make it a fun way to achieve my goal, which is a hefty 60 lbs. I have never blogged before, so this could be fun!

A big welcome to you too Sandy! :flowerforyou: It WILL be fun, as well as downright addicting! :laugh:
    And best of all, MFP REALLY, REALLY, DOES WORK! :love: You WILL "achieve your goal"! Just "work with your numbers through better food choices & moderation, (MOST of the time anyway!) getting some exercise, and drinking lots and lots of water. :smile:
  • teajames
    teajames Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What a horrible day, I have been doing well and today i Totally messed up.I ate at checkers with my son.I knew I was going a little over what I usually do..But i had no idea how much until I got home and checked the website for nutritional values and omg..I am so mad at myself right now:mad:

The best part of the meal was having lunch with my son...:love: