New and looking for friends!

Options
Hi all!

My name is Andrew and im really just looking for some friends on here to lose weight with! My wife is currently 4 months pregnant and I would really like to see a significant change for myself and to help inspire her to get healthy for right after the baby is born :). I have until the 1st week of October to really bring a change.

I am 6'1 and started at 296 lbs. So far i'm down to 281 with 81 more lbs to lose! (I don't expect to lose it all by October but would like a good portion of it gone.)

Thanks for any help!

Replies

• brian90
    brian90 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me.
  • mindy14456
    mindy14456 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! This new lifestyle is so much easier with people that get it, and everyone on MFP is super supportive. Feel free to add me if you like, congratulations on the new little one, and best of luck to you!! :)
  • simplyfitt
    Options
    Hi Feel free to add me as a friend for support and motivation! I have had 3 children, my youngest is 8 months old and am already back to my pre baby weight! 124! Would love to be friends! :)
  • Babygirl928
    Babygirl928 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    thanks for your 6 years of service :flowerforyou: and congratulations on the baby and wanting to get healthy. Feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your journey!
  • singercruiser
    Options
    Well done you :-) im also new to this and only started this week. I think scanning the food is brilliant. I need to lose 3 stone to be at my ideal weight and goin on holidays in 7wks time so im hoping to lose a good bit of weight by then. Have also started new slimming tablets and the only side effects are feeling full and dry mouth so makes you drink the water we need each day. There called slim forte only started them yesterday but I've read so many reviews and some people losing 30lbs a month so could be skinny for my holidays :-) good luck to all of you losing weight.. Been a long tricky road for me. Weighed almost 18stone. Last weigh in was two wks ago at 13.10 so off to weigh meself today.. My fitness is not major but I just bought the biggest loser on kinect and sweated buckets :-)
  • chrisvanderpool
    Options
    i can understand where you are coming from. when i got out of the army I weighed 152 and then wife and kids and life kick your butt sometimes. so here many years later i finally decided to do somthing aobut it at 260lbs. but i'm well on my way back. feel free to add me. and like everyone says you will get alot of support on here! and Respect for doing your part !!
  • Munchkinxoxo
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! :) we can never have enough friends to help keep us motivated. :)
  • KLD81230
    KLD81230 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Inspiration for your wife is fantastic, but make sure that she doesn't feel too pressured to lose her baby weight immediately after birth, or that you think her pregnancy turned her into someone being 'out of shape' or unattractive. She needs to feel beautiful at whatever place she is at the moment with her pregnancy and post-pregnancy body. The body is working terribly hard at carrying your baby, and it takes times postpartum to get back to where or near where she was -- on top of the body's needs for productive and healthy nursing.

Focusing on the gift her body is giving the both of you, and enjoying the amazing time in a positive way is most improtant! Enjoy these wonderful moments! :)
  • JilianneNicole
    JilianneNicole Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the new addition in October! Feel free to add me!