Please Help

Options
Hi Everyone,

I'm unsure whether my MFP goals are correct. Maybe someone could offer me some advice? I am 5'4 and currently weight 137 ( some days 140). My weight always fluctuates between that and I don't lose weight although I seem to be gaining muscle and losing some inches. My ideal weight is 115lbs. I have always been very thin until I got sick and had to take prednisone. My normal weight always ranged between 110lbs and 118lbs.

That being said MFP has my net calorie intake as 1200 and thats with exercising 6 days a week for 60 minutes a day. Does this sound correct?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You would add your exercise calories to the 1200. :)
  • loves_jc
    loves_jc Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    just eat back your calories that you earn. that sounds about right.
  • Revenga1980
    Options
    Well it says with the exercise my goals are 1,769 Calories per day 243 Carbs 58 Fat 66 Protien does that sound right? The calorie counting thing is always very confusing to me
  • 2monthstogo
    Options
    Hi there,

MFP is a guide and not the end all be all. You mentioned that your clothes are starting to get baggy and that is what you are looking for. Muscle weighs 3 times as much as fat, so if you are now working out you will be heavier, but look smaller. Be careful of that and be careful of people not knowing what they are talking about. I laugh much when I read what people post.

MFP doesn't take into account your bone density and muscle mass. If you are working out it will be pretty hard for you to keep your calorie intake as low as 1200. Mine is set for that as well, but unrealistice. Good calorie intake is important. Complex carbs like your fruits, veggies, brown rice and brown pastas. Your proteins like your nuts, meat, and dairy. Stay away from packaged foods, they are loaded with garbage.

I hope this helps... stay off the scale and go for pant and shirt size!

Laurie