Newbie from the ATL

Options
My names Jessica and its obvious I'm new here, lol. I stumbled upon the site in my search for local Zumba classes. The app has done me wonders in all 30 minutes I've been using it. I love to workout and try to get 4-5 days in a week but my biggest probelm is eating right. Even when I try to do right I'll end up binge eating on the weekends and that's left me not loosing and slowly gaining. Any new friends and suggestions are welcomed! Im looking to make new friends and help support others on their weight loss mission.

Replies

• jgeathers
    jgeathers Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Newbie!

I've been on MFP for over a month but just started logging and communicating with others. Like you my challenge is food not so much exercise but I'm using getting more active to encourage myself to eat cleaner. Last weekend I completed my first 5k and hope to complete a half marathon by October.

Let's be friends!

Jamese
  • sweetmalo
    Options
    Aww hi newbie! Unlike you two I have a problem with exercise! I hate conventional treadmills and weights...my mind wont let me do it! Lol But im attempting to get better. ive been doing som early morning workouts and it has actually done wonders as to getting me in the routine.. but i digress..lol Happy weight loss ladies..:drinker:

and i would love to be friends! oh wait...u were talking to her...nevermind! lol :bigsmile:
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    @jgeathers congrats on the 5k. Im not sure if I could last the entire race, maybe that would be a good goal to try. And Im not sure what to do about food. I have the typical at the desk job and try to keep healty snacks around me but they become unhealty when you eat 2! Food is a constant battle for me.

@Sweet Getting your workout in..in the morning is the best kick off for your metabolism. I'd say to try differnt routines until you find what works for you and you can commit to. ZUMBA looks to be perfect fit for you...YOU LOVE DANCING.
  • sweetmalo
    Options
    I'll keep that in mind..and you are right! if i can find one (zumba) close to the house its on! "Its gon be on down here in Beverly Hills!" lol
  • mcshoelovin22
    mcshoelovin22 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I found one in Conyers, but they only have classes 2 nights a week but its like $50 for 10 classes ($5each)
    http://www.myzumbafitnessatlanta.com/class-schedule.html

Im looking into one that 3 nights a week. Im doing Insanity but think I'll have more fun dancing...even tho I cant :ohwell: