New working mom from Northern VA.

Options
Hi, just start, thus the "New" in the subject line. I have seen and tried several other free diet/calorie sites, but so far like this one the best. I need to lose about 50 lbs for medical reasons and 'cause I would just feel better about myself. I work full-time, have a 10 yr old DD, and a hubby 2.0. I am really, really bad at sticking to these lifestyle changes long enough for them to stick, so I was hoping for some friends to help keep me going. Thanks!

Replies

• TLBel
    TLBel Posts: 2
    Options
    sounds a lot like me. I just started this yesterday. I hope I stick to it long enough to make a difference. I am a working mom and go to school. Heart attacks and high blood pressure run in my family and I hope to loose weight for health reasons and for my own vanity. I would love to look a little more like I did pre- 3rd kid.

Funny, I am so strong and determined with everything else, but food and I have always had a love / hate relationship. Here's wishing both of us luck and success.:smile:
  • darylinny
    darylinny Posts: 146
    Options
    Welcome...maybe you are implementing drastic changes to soon or setting unrealistic goals that are not consistant with your lifestyle. What do you hope to get out of being on the site, what would you like to accomplish?
  • ChrisMM76
    Options
    Well, I'm sure my ADD isn't helping my concentration. lol

I am hoping to get down to a more "appropriate" weight so that I can feel good about myself as well as being healthier.

I am also hoping that using this site will make me be more accountable for how successful I will be.