• Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and 1/2

SW:180lbs (I know, bad!)
    CW: 145lbs :(
    GW: 120lbs (I have a larger build)
    UGW: 115lbs

For you guys that have been around 130's to 140's, how have you gotten under 110? I know that it also depends on your build but for me it's been extremely hard to get under 120's (when I weighed that). I also have huge hips, thighs, small waist, etc. Think Latina body.
  • FromFat2Fab
    FromFat2Fab Posts: 101
    Options
    5'1 and i wish i weighted as much of half of the Girls here
  • TheChocolatePrincess
    TheChocolatePrincess Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    5'1 and i wish i weighted as much of half of the Girls here

I was just thinking to myself, "dang, I want to be like them when I grow up"....LOL!
  • DyanCB
    DyanCB Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your support mfpcopine. I agree that others certainly influence us and I am so glad that I found others, like you, on MFP. This has been a very encouraging experience for me.
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm 5'2

I started at 125...my weight went up to almost 130

I am currently 115:) (Which was a short-term goal)

Final Goal:107
  • EBBlue10
    EBBlue10 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'0. I don't know all of the abbreviations.....but I'm very glad to find this post! I currently weigh 115, and as most of you know, with our small stature, it is SO EASY to gain weight. I feel like I nearly have to starve myself just to not gain a pound.....and what I'd really like to do is lose about 15 pounds.

If anyone would like a motivational buddy, I could really use one!
  • nwhitley
    nwhitley Posts: 619
    Options
    I'm 5'1".
    SW: 121
    CW110

I'm staying at 110. I like it, but will probably add some weights for muscle definition.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    So totally relate:
    EBBlue: I'm 5'0...as most of you know, with our small stature, it is SO EASY to gain weight. I feel like I nearly have to starve myself just to not gain a pound...

If anyone would like a motivational buddy, I could really use one!

Would love a motivational buddy!

So how many calories a day do you allow yourself?
    I get between 1300-1400/day (not including working out). That's not a lot of food, unless I eat a salad for lunch AND dinner.
    Never mind about eating fast food (I treat myself to KFC once/twice a year).

Since I cook most things from scratch, it's hard to really know how many calories I am consuming.
    For instance, I made homemade chicken lentil soup (w/ carrots, potato, and angel hair pasta). I had a small bowl for lunch and a bigger bowl for dinner = almost 700 calories. Does that sound right?

My friend has been on weight watchers for 2months and she lost over 10pounds.
    I gained over 1 pound.
    She tells me that my problem is that I eat too healthy already, so I have no where to go but up.
    Sigh.

I have a "cheat" night planned for this Thursday. Going to a dessert/wine event.
    I'm making red velvet cupcakes (with little chocolate chips inside), stuffed with and topped with cream cheese frosting, drizzled with chocolate ganache.
    I reduce the guilt by adding in 1cup of Greek yogurt (Fage for the extra protein) and replacing oil with applesauce. Cupcakes come out very moist, and oh so good!

So after my protein fudgicle tonight, I'm sticking in my nighttime mouthguard to prevent me from eating anything!

Amanda
  • huango
    Options
    Day 9 for me and I had an awesome Turbokick class!!!

My workouts are usually great.
    And here I am still just eating salads (w/ walnuts and egg whites and chicken breast), and more salads.

My husband reduces his nightly bowl of ice cream to 1/2 a cup and he would drop 10pounds (while changing nothing else).

ARGH!

How are you doing?

Amanda
  • ActuarialChef
    ActuarialChef Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3"
    Current Weight: around 120
    Problem Area(s): lower belly fat, "thunder thighs"
    Goal Weight: 100-105

All throughout high school and most of college I weighed right around 100, then I started working in the "real world" (i.e. a desk job with a 2-hr commute each way to work) and I'm definitely not as active as I used to be. Add to that the fact that I'm recovering from foot surgery and STILL can't do more than walk a bit, and I've been putting on weight and losing tone overall.

I'm not as concerned with the Goal Weight as I am with flattening my stomach again and fitting into my favorite jeans that all of a sudden don't fit anymore :(

Looking for friends to help motivate me! I should be able to start working out and running (if my lungs can take it -- I haven't really run in 2 years!) on May 1st.

Does anyone have any experience with C25K? I saw someone else post about it and I thought it might be a good place to start. I'm seriously out of shape, including my lungs. :(
  • Momma1213
    Momma1213 Posts: 56
    Options
    I used to be that girl too :(
    I'm 38, 5'1" CW 132, GW 110 but toned with some muscle. I eat anywhere from 1200 to 1300 cals a day, sometimes less depending on if I'm hungry or not. I have a desk job so I'm sitting all day long with an hour commute each way. I walk during lunch and am trying to get my *kitten* to roll out of bed at 5:30 to add a walk in the morning too.
    Problem areas: lower belly fat, thighs, and back fat. I can't stand it!
  • huango
    Options
    cpolek: this C25K program helped me and a friend (who never works out) train for the 5K.
    If my friend can do it, anyone can.
    You start 1st week: run 1minute, walk 1.5minutes, etc.

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Amanda
  • megsaidso
    megsaidso Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So hard to find girls with the same sizes and goals! I get so tired of hearing, oh you're tiny because my SW was 135 and a size 6. That's a lot on my tiny 5'1" frame! CW is 124 and my GW is 115ish.
  • huango
    Options
    Beautiful day today.
    Went grocery shopping and got some great ripe tomatoes on the vine for some great tomato/mozzarella/basil and balsamic vinegar snack!
    The strawberries are so sweet and HUGE!
    Also got 12 corn on the cobs: love them grilled!

It's Day 10 for me and still doing well.
    Measured myself: lost a little bit: almost 1/2 inch in my 'pooch' (below my belly button - looks like a donut). Yay!

I hear you on this.
    I have 2 girlfriends who have to lose ~20pounds each, so when I vent about my scale not moving, they tell me to stop whining because they think I'm small already. Don't they know that the last 5 pounds is the hardest!!!
    Megsaidso: ...I get so tired of hearing, oh you're tiny ...

Have a great day!

The more friends the merrier!

Amanda
  • peachpearl1
    Options
    i am the same! i fluctuate between 116-119 through out the day but i am 5'1", hoping to eventually get to like 105 or so.
  • aelarek
    aelarek Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 18. 5'1.5". That extra half inch is important!

Sw:140
    Cw:112
    Gw:100

I've been at 112 for the 2 months & I'm ready to drop these last 12 pounds!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    5'1.5"

SW: 135 lbs.
    CW: 106 lbs.
    GW: 105-110 lbs.

I've been maintaining for several months now.
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5 ft and weigh 117 lbs. I want to weigh 115 lbs. I lost 18 lbs so far.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm close, 5'3"
    SW 110
    CW 105
    GW 105

Now I'm just trying to tone everything, and build more muscle. Being small the weight shows quicker, others may not see it, but I know I did, and I hated every last extra pound.
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    Just wanted to add congrats to everyone who has lost and got to their goal weight. Keep up the great work!!