Just think where you can be in a year's time!

Options
When I see summer ending, and it was so short here on the eastern coast of Canada to begin with, and I know soon the snow will be piling up outside my door, I have to think of something to keep myself motivated- so I'm thinking, "Can you imagine how good you're going to look and feel for NEXT summer!?". I normally lose my motivation come autumn, but this year I'm thinking of fall and winter as a means to an end- an opportunity to work towards having a much more fulfilling summer next year. I mean really...10 months from now...40 weeks...2 pounds per week...that's 80 pounds gone by early summer. It's pretty exciting when you think about it. :smile:

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Yes Brendalee before the New Year if I keep at it I suppose to be only 4lbs away from my goal weight I was just thinking about that...Another 32lbs wow..That is something to be excited about..CANT WAIT TO SEE EVERYONE NEW AND IMPROVE LOOKS...ITS GOING BE SO EXCITING KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE:happy: :happy: :happy: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Funny thing I cant wait til workout during fall and the winter...Bundle up and start jogging..Im pretty sure I warm up quickly...:laugh:
  • lizzys
    lizzys Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    yes in a year i will be at my weight loss goal it inspires me
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I agree, summer is very short and it is probably the most motivating time of the year.. there is a lot everyone could do if they work hard to be ready for next summer! I have a lot going on next year, so I need to really step it up! (I'm planning on getting married next September) Also, I know a lot of people use winter and the warm clothes that come with it as an excuse not to watch what they eat, but think about it like this too - even if you have to wear layers of clothes that don't really show off all your progress, come warmer weather everyone will see the HUGE change. Of course people will see the difference anyway, but weight loss covered up during winter will only mean a really noticable difference by spring! I use this to motivate myself... lol:happy:
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I did my time line (weight loss calendar posted on my kitchen wall now) the other day, and if I keep at it, I should be at 140 by 01/01/10! That will leave me with less than 20lbs. to my goal!! I am very excited about that.

:drinker:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I started this journey June of last year, to feel healthier for my beach vacation with my family. I accomplished that with losing 5 pounds and being able to walk more than a few blocks without losing my breath.

I continued to make changes and before I knew it it was 1 year and I had made my goal of 30+ pounds!! It was slow......I wanted to quit but MFP friends kept me going.

This summer vacation was great!! I wore a bathing suit without a thought. Scuba dived in the warm waters of Key Largo. Rode bikes up and down A1A in Fort Lauderdale. Swam, jogged, snorkeled...............carried my own luggage...:laugh: ate well and never felt bloated or too full.

If you keep this up.........next year will be a new experience for you.

You have come such a long way already....................I cannot wait to see what you can accomplish in a year!!

:flowerforyou: Jeannie
  • lizzys
    Options
    thats really good im in awe that brings the sunshine in on a cold day and will help people stay on the right track
  • lizzys
    Options
    thats really good im in awe that brings the sunshine in on a good day and will help people stay on the right track
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    "Can you imagine how good you're going to look and feel for NEXT summer!?". I normally lose my motivation come autumn, but this year I'm thinking of fall and winter as a means to an end- an opportunity to work towards having a much more fulfilling summer next year.

I swear, I was just thinking that while on the treadmill at the gym today! Most people seem to work hard all summer to get/stay in shape, a lot of people forget about it come winter! So for those of us that can keep at it all winter, we'll be that much ahead come summer! And alllll of those people who wait il Jan 1st to get started? We'll be way ahead of them too!
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I swear, I was just thinking that while on the treadmill at the gym today! Most people seem to work hard all summer to get/stay in shape, a lot of people forget about it come winter! So for those of us that can keep at it all winter, we'll be that much ahead come summer! And alllll of those people who wait il Jan 1st to get started? We'll be way ahead of them too!
    [/quote]

I know right:flowerforyou:
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    yes, next summer we will look back on this time and how we feel about it will depend on what we do this fall/winter. I guess I am lucky on that regard though, because I actually look forward to summer being over... It is harder to motivate myself to sweat when it is already 110 outside... much easier for me to kick it into gear when it is in the 60s during the winter... beauty of living in the desert I guess!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    This reminds me of my favorite saying...

"Day by day nothing changes, but suddenly everything's different."

We don't see changes on a daily basis, but we do notice those changes when they've accumulated to produce a major change. Helps me stay motivated when I think of it this way- each workout and healthy choice really IS making a difference! :wink:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm with you guys! This is for the rest of my life anyway!

Proud of all of you, and thanks for posting this Brenda!
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    One of my biggest dreams in life is to move to the Southern US- not a humid state like Louisiana, but somewhere that never sees snow!
  • Next summer, I can wear bikini!!!!!! wooohooo. I can not wait until next summer.
    Maybe I'll go buy my bikini now!!! so I can look at it to motivate and specially, all the bikinis are going to be on clearance. :happy: