7 days a week

Options
Does anyone else work out 7 days a week without a rest day? I've found that if I take a rest day, I'm likely to take another and another and another and lose my consistency. Sometimes I work out lighter on a day here or there, especially if I'm feeling fatigued, but I try always to do at least 30 minutes of cardio a day?

Anyone else?

Replies

• JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My rest day usually still consists of at least a 30 minute at home Workout video...although I will take a gym day break usually every Sunday. I hate rest days and feel awful... I also figure with my super busy lifestyle (3 kids work full time) that rest days might come unintentionally!!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Exactly. That helps a lot!
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I only run, and I take a rest day about 2 to 3 times a month.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    My rest day usually involves about 40 minutes of yoga. If I take a day off completely, I stop exercising in general!
  • janeite1990
    janeite1990 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    A couple a month makes more sense. That is about how often I end up with a schedule that just won't allow for exercise, and then I wouldn't feel guilty.
  • neale88
    neale88 Posts: 3
    Options
    If I have a rest day (maybe one a week/2weeks) I usually just do weights and resistance work, but I really miss the cardio - I feel sluggish and lazy all day without it!
  • bbriscoe13
    bbriscoe13 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My rest day is Sunday. I susally will still walk or do some form of exercise, but I think it's good for me. I do it on Sunday because it is easier to pick back up on Monday because I have to go back to work so it is just part of my daily routine. I do feel a little guilty not working out everyday. :/
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I rest every friday, rest days are when the magic happens, your body needs time to heal its self
  • greeneyes191
    greeneyes191 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I will usually only rest if I have done a good day of yard work or cleaning out the garage or some other good day of physical activity. Otherwise it's 7 days of C25K for me.
    I actually miss it if I don't work out. Makes me feel sorta sluggish.
  • thinnerisstronger
    thinnerisstronger Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I usually have to take my rest days on Saturdays since that's when I visit my dad. You should be taking rest days, though! Your body needs 'em. If you can't stay still for a day or it puts you off track to do so, just do something light like yoga or a walk on your rest day. But you can't skip them altogether.
  • vicmonster
    vicmonster Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Usually I walk and do yoga on my rest days otherwise I don't have enough calories left to enjoy a glass of red wine in the evening :)
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    Options
    I rest every friday, rest days are when the magic happens, your body needs time to heal its self

Depending upon your level of fitness, your body can heal itself during light workout days. Studies show that active recovery tends to stimulate repair better than passive recovery.
  • katejenkins1
    katejenkins1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I take rest days, but still do mild cardio, gotta walk the dog.
    I feel better and refreshed, without 1 I get sluggish and bored.
  • tymoore122
    Options
    I tend to rest one day a week if I am feeling fatigue or the need to heal. I learned a long time ago that I push hard and need to heal or risk injury and unwanted breaks.
    Cheers,
    Ty