Calories burned with C25K????

Options
I just completed the first day of the C25K program but I'm not sure how to calculate the calories I burned doing it. Any suggestions???

Replies

• microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    I used the endomondo app for running on my phone, that would give me pace/calories i
  • sunnyrunner77
    sunnyrunner77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I track my progress on my phone with www.mapmyrun.com, and it tells me my average miles per hour. I then use that to log using the "walk, 4.5mph" (for example) option since I run very slowly. I may not be giving myself enough credit, since I'm jogging (bouncy) instead of walking, but I'd rather underestimate my calories than overestimate them. Curious to see what other people say.
  • Figment14300
    Options
    bump
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm starting today!
  • jberry613
    Options
    I just went with the lowest speed. I usually takes me 15 minutes walking a mile so I assumed a little mix walking/jogging would be about 11 mins. Hope I did that right, I sure did sweat bullets! :laugh:
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Bring a watch with you and monitor your time so its accurate.

Do you have a droid or iphone so you can download the Endomundo app? I had it previously but always forgot to use it so it was useless and after seeing this post earlier I downloaded it before going for my first day of C25K training.

The app is awesome - using your phones GPS it monitors all your information and gives you a summary of your distance, total time, average pace / fastest pace, kcals (basically a regular calorie unless you want to get all fancy).

I definitely recommend it.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    My old app Ease into 5K tracked all that information. It had a gps that logged my runs and when I entered in my journal my current weight, it estimated calories burned from my distance and average speed. Best app I've seen for the C25K.
  • ohnedich00
    ohnedich00 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I always break it down by how many minutes I walked (including the warm up) and how many minutes I jogged.
  • meganfit2live
    Options
    i know this post is a few months behind, but i had the same question since i'm brand new to MFP. i've used the free Nike+ app before i found the free C25K app (which does not calculate pace/calories). the free Nike+ app does not let you start running and then start a new app without pausing your workout. BUT, you can start your C25K app with voice prompts and then start your Nike+ app to calculate pace/calories. i've tried this at home (not running) just to see if it would work before i got frustrated while trying to run and have it not work. make sure your smart device has a full battery. i really like the c25k app and i'm sure there are other apps that have all the components needed, but i'll stick with what i know and what is free! hope this helps someone:)
  • dispatcher69
    dispatcher69 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I also started the C25K yesterday & was wondering also about the calories. I went to the gym & did it on the treadmill which I know is probably different than outside in the element but I did it finally. I started it 3 days ago but yesterday was the 1st day I completed the entire 30 min.....WHOO HOO :happy: :happy:
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    In the beginning it's easy to calculate how many minutes you walk and how many you run. Just log each at the speed you were using.