Looking for Support, Inspiration, and Motivation

Options
I joined MFP a little while ago. It has taken me a minute to get in the habit of checking my phone app to add my food diary. A girlfriend encouraged me to go online just about a week or two ago. I lost 30lbs on my own, and have successfully gained it all back. I'm lacking the motvation these days to get back on my journey. I'm looking for positive friends who have a long way to go on their journey like I do. I need to lose almost 100lbs. I know its not gonna happen over night, but I need to get the ball rolling. Please add me as a friend, if you're a positve influence. Thank you kindly, and I look forward to exploring this journey with you.

Replies

• jgraett2011
    Options
    I'm in the same boat... I really need some motivation. I need more of the exercise or to find some things i can do that is exercise but i can think of it as more of something i enjoy doing instead of a chore... Add me if you want. I am kind of on this on my own .. not a lot of people i can work out with in my neck of the woods. So any encouragement is more than welcome.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat with a lot of weight to lose. DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED!!!! This weight gain and unhealthy behaviours took us many years to accomplish, so it stands to reason it takes a while to get hyealthy! Baby steps!!! I weighed in at 300 pounds 4 months ago with needing to lose half my body weight. Sounds horrible like that but I have made smaller more attainable goals. Write down reasons to lose weight and small goals. Don't be too hard on yourself. Praise yourself and love yourself. Positive self talk!!! Don't talk down to yourself, pre plan your meals or you will make rash unhealthy decisions, mov your butt, and be honest with yourself.
  • LizzBetty
    LizzBetty Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you for the add SD, and I have added you JG. Thank you for the support and understanding. I cant promise that I will be great, but just knowing that there are other in the same battle with me is motivation enough to get moving.
  • irenedemos
    Options
    I am not going to lie to you...This journey is going to be very hard! There are days when I want to give up, but I remind myself how far along I have come. I never want to go back, and look forward to going to the gym and tracking my food. Love yourself first! Please add me as a friend, would love for us to motivate each other.
  • LizzBetty
    LizzBetty Posts: 11
    Options
    ID That sounds like wonderful advice. I sent you an add request. Thank you for your support.