10 Reasons Running Doesn't Suck

Options
Found this on Tumblr, thought I'd share. Kudos to Susan Lacke.

10 REASONS RUNNING DOESN’T SUCK AS MUCH AS YOU THINK

By Susan Lacke

1)Most races and fun runs are full of hot bodies in very little clothing. Let me repeat that: HOT PEOPLE. WEARING PRACTICALLY NOTHING. Wear sunglasses, and ogle with reckless abandon.

2)You can lose weight by drinking nothing but hot water with lemon. Or you can run for an hour, treat yourself to a cookie and still fit into your skinny jeans. One of these options makes you *****y; the other makes you rad.

3)Take your iPod with you, and your runs suddenly become a safe place to indulge your love of boy-band music. With enough practice, you can even blend in a couple dance moves from ‘Bye Bye Bye’. Don’t lie: You’ve still got that routine memorized.

4)When your boss, your melodramatic friend and your nagging to-do list won’t leave you alone, calmly put on your running shoes and head out the door. They won’t follow you. It’s a safer alternative to storming out with both middle fingers in the air (though you can -and should- still do this in your head, just for spectacular effect).

5)You’ll discover lululemon pants are good for more than just buying tampons and Cheez-its at Target (I know, ladies. My world was rocked with that discovery, too.).

6)Running is the last place you have to “be a lady.” Sweat, snot and sneaking behind a bush to pee is not only liberating it’s fun, in that giggly-childish-naughty kind of way.

7)Getting a run in before happy hour means you get tipsy on half a glass of wine instead of your usual two. That’s not being a lush, that’s just sound economic planning.

8)Studies have shown that runners have better sex. Sex counts as a cross-training workout, which in turn makes you a better runner, which – hello! – leads to even better sex. Really, the whole thing is full of win-wins.

9)Girls are lucky; there’s an entire industry committed to making us look awesome while getting our sweat on. Workout clothes come in all sorts of cool colors and designs. Jockstraps, on the other hand, will always be ugly with questionable stains.

10)Non-runners will sit on the couch and call you crazy. Those folks, sadly, will never learn what their bodies are capable of. You, on the other hand, will die knowing you completely, totally, unabashedly used up the body that was loaned to you. That’s not crazy. That’s freakin’ awesome.

Replies

• hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this =)
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Not a girl and still like this.
  • TraceyR68
    TraceyR68 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Love this!! Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • jdavison91
    Options
    ^^ Ditto
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS.

Thank you for posting - I'm heading out this afternoon to start my first day of the C25K program. Definitely needed a little boost and I think I just found.
  • shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Thanks! 4 months into running and just turning the corner from loathing it to 'sorta liking' it, so this helps!
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Love it
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Have always hated running. To challenge myself, I'm doing the C25K and am running (very slowly I might add!) a 5K Memorial Day weekend. I've yet to change my mind that running doesn't absolutely suck but at least now I can have some laughs! Maybe if I can change my attitude things will be a little easier and lighter for me. Thanks!
    :laugh:
  • lolabugs
    lolabugs Posts: 141
    Options
    I've been trying to get into running off and on for the past couple years. This definitely motivates me! I've signed up for my first triathlon and I'll keep all these things in mind as I start training for the 5K portion.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Love this, especially #8! :)
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    Great Post!!

: ))
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    Awesome post! I just started to run here and there in my routine last week. I'm up to running 1 minute resting 1 minute. Before I find myself out of breath and barely able to stand after 15 minutes, I do enjoy running. I can't wait to be able to run a 5k.

Thanks for posting!!
  • jreimund
    jreimund Posts: 64
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    not a girl but stil like this
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    That whole THING is awesome. I needed that. :love:
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Good for a giggle, but I'm still not running. I'll stick to my bike thankyouverymuch.,
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    :happy: I have recently discovered many of those things as well!
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I'm a GIRL & a runner! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • jhunny31
    jhunny31 Posts: 73
    Options
    Thanks for posting. My husband has been trying to get me to run with him and all I can think about is how boring. But thanks to this, I may consider it.
  • princeza9
    princeza9 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Love it!

And great timing, as I just got back from running (Week 9 Day 2 of C25K!!)