heart rate monitor???

Looking to buy a heart rate monitor..any suggestions?..Polar, Pyle, Mio, I saw one that looked really nice but no brand name..(follow your dreams)?

Replies

• Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 433 Member
    anyone?
  • cinciti
    cinciti Posts: 45 Member
    I have no clue, I was looking for the answer myself...
  • vsay215
    vsay215 Posts: 44 Member
    I just recently purchased a polar ft4, I actually burn more than I thought.
  • Navallez
    I have heard that the Polar FT4 is a basic good one...I just want to make sure it fits...I am a plus size women and not sure if the watch and chest strap will fit
  • NICOLED73
    NICOLED73 Posts: 183
    I just got the Polar FT7 and I LOVE it! Super easy to use. Makes me want to workout more! :)
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    Love my Polar. I have had it 3 years and I just replaced the battery a month ago. Not sure about the other brands. I also have a fitbit that I use everyday. I love it too!
  • MsMargie1116
    MsMargie1116 Posts: 323 Member
    Looking to buy a heart rate monitor..any suggestions?..Polar, Pyle, Mio, I saw one that looked really nice but no brand name..(follow your dreams)?

I've heard really good things about the Fit Bit... Not sure what ou want to spend on one though... they're about $100 or so.
  • charming72
    charming72 Posts: 37 Member
    I do know that both the watch and chest strap are adjustable.
  • coderchris
    coderchris Posts: 79 Member
    I have a Polar f6 and it is great. the body strap is adjustable. It really does help me keep track of calories burned. It is whole lot better than guessing.
  • Navallez
    thanks...I appreciate the suggestions:wink:
  • trini14
    trini14 Posts: 110 Member
    I can only speak for what I have, its the Polar FT60. I got it off of Amazon I believe, there are 3 programs that you can choose, weight loss, improve fitness and maximize fitness. It will have you do at fitness test, you basically have to lie down at a relaxed state (usually when you just wake up) and it check your resting hr I believe. Based on that it will determine your VO2 Max and it will base your weekly goal for you based on the information you put in when you setup that HRM (age, DOB, weight, height). For instance for me I have chosen to lose weight so my weekly cal burn that was set up for me is 3050. (Note, the program I believe is in 6 weeks intervals, so lets say you don't do so well with meeting your goals some weeks at the end of the 6 weeks it will recalc your weekly goals.

It will give you how many hrs to work out for the week. What I like about my hr monitor, is that when your working out you can see where your at while your working in your zones (1,2, or 3). If I meet my goals I get a stars and a trophy. I know it may sound silly, but its kind of exciting on Monday morning to check my watch to see if I got my trophy. Plus, it gives me motivation to do the same if not better then the week before. Also every Monday morning it will remind you to check your weight. The HRM will also then for the week coming up it will tell me " to continue as planned, or improve, etc.."
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Be sure to do a forum search, because you will find tons of comments on HRMs, recommendations, etc. It is a recurring topic.

Good luck.
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 465 Member
    Love my Polar. I have had it 3 years and I just replaced the battery a month ago. Not sure about the other brands. I also have a fitbit that I use everyday. I love it too!

Hey does your fitbit and HRM give you the same calories burned. I have a fitbit and was wondering should I buy a HRM as well?
  • LadyElby
    LadyElby Posts: 151 Member
    Check out my post from earlier today entitled "HRMs: Polar FT7 or Sportline Cardio 660." A lot of people have weighed in on their opinions on a couple different HRMs. Looks like the favorites are Polar FT4 and FT7, depending on what all you're looking for.
  • BelMckenzie
    BelMckenzie Posts: 249
    I love my polar FT4 - check out bodytronics.com for cheap prices. That's where I got mine!