Greek Yogurt Ideas 4 Me ...

Options
Love that stuff. How do you use it/any good recipe ideas you have to share

Replies

• shannonshay1
    shannonshay1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I add salsa to the fat free plain for a veggie dip.
  • freebttfly
    Options
    I add salsa to the fat free plain for a veggie dip.
    Mmmmm. Sound good - will try. Thanks.:smile:
  • d3mon4ngel
    d3mon4ngel Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I made scrambled eggs this morning using the following:

3 eggs
    50g greek yogurt
    black pepper

Mix up and put in microwave for 2 mins (850W). Give it another stir when it's done and it was all good. It was a little bit bland, so next time I might try adding in a bit of salt, or maybe some other herbs or spices. Will have to see what I have in my cupboard.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I add green/red pesto and use it as a dip/ salad dressing.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Add lime juice & a little sweetener, then crumble a graham cracker on top: Key Lime Pie!
  • msbudrflie
    Options
    check out chobanikitchen.com - they have a few recipes using their yogurt!
  • freebttfly
    Options
    THANKS EVERYONE ... all these suggestions sound awesome. Time to start mixing, cooking, test-tasting!!
  • mrnls
    mrnls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    bump - still not sure if I like it but willing to try some of the recipes
  • Brittany3914
    Brittany3914 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Last night, I made homemade pizzas. Greek pizza, MY FAVORITE, tasted great with plain nonfat Greek yogurt as my sauce.

On homemade dough, I added about 5 oz of Greek yogurt (100 cals), spinach, red onion, black olives, reduced fat feta cheese, and freshly ground pepper. It was great!
  • docktorfokse
    docktorfokse Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    monitoring, i usually eat plain greek yogurt with a scoop of whey, but i'd like to try something else. there's a salmon/tuna salad that sounds great!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    I usually add honey, nuts or berries. I could imagine mixing in a good quality jam, preserve, fruit spread, or fruit syrup.
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    If you want a snack.......

I mix 1/2 cup of non-fat (0%) plain greek yogurt with a sprinkle (about 1 tsp or to taste) of sugar free cheesecake jello pudding mix..........

It tastes a lot like a real cheesecake and then you can sprinkle your crushed graham cracker in it too for the crust :wink:
  • nicolehaj
    nicolehaj Posts: 11
    Options
    Mix with Hidden Valley Ranch Mix (the dry spices) for a veggie dip.

One avocado, one container (6 oz) of plain greek yogurt, and one packet of guacamole spices for a quick guacamole (let it sit in the fridge for about an hour before eating).
  • row_rivers
    row_rivers Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    hello! i'm currently trying to kick my nutella habit but there's no sense going cold turkey!

3 T greek yogurt
    1 T nutella
    1t hershey's cocoa

it's like fondue when you dip some fresh strawberries into it!
  • Shandril
    Shandril Posts: 36
    Options
    I use the fat free vanilla to mix with Kashi cereal & some frozen blueberries. Breafast Parfait!
  • Angiesolomon
    Angiesolomon Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I add fresh raspberries!!
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I cook with it a lot. I use it in recipies instead of the sour cream. I make chicken encheladas or beef stroghanoff.
  • rugrattherapist
    Options
    I mix Greek yogurt with the powdered ranch dressing packet & use for dips. I love ranch on everything, and this is a great substitute. Only 7.5 calories per tablespoon!
  • angfish
    angfish Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I used it as a substitute for sour cream. In egg salad or tuna salad I substitute about 3/4 amount of mayo I would use with plain greek yogurt. AND...I ran across a recipe for "slim potato casserole" that uses it in place of butter, sour cream and condensed soup on pinterest.
  • amykins68
    amykins68 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My daily breakfast is Chobani Greek yogurt (honey flavored), berries (frozen or fresh) and a bit of granola. Tastes like dessert, and VERY filling.