appetite suppressants and uping energy levels

Options
I need some more suggestions with this. I am ALWAYS hungry and I have no energy to do anything. What can I take to fix these issues. I do have a low dose of anti-anxiety so I know thats what is killing my energy levels. I am always drinking coffee, tea and water all day long.

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Well, hell, girl! No wonder you're so hungry, you're not even eating the 1200 net calories you have! The issue isn't that you need an appetite supressant, the issue is that you need to start aiming for 0. (unless I'm missing something and you're not logging everything) If you're logging everything you are always hungry because you are starving yourself and you have no energy because you are malnourished.

I would also suggest a more efficient use of the calories you do have (chuck the creamer and use sweetner and milk instead, toss the breaded chicken sandwich and eat grilled chicken. Change your macros to up your protein, and make your carbs and fats more moderate. Lean proteins, moderate carbs (including tons of veg), and moderate fats should help you stay close to net 0 and be satiated.

I love you, and your diary worries me.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Well, hell, girl! No wonder you're not hungry, you're not even eating the 1200 net calories you have! The issue isn't that you need an appetite supressant, the issue is that you need to start aiming for 0. (unless I'm missing something and you're not logging everything) If you're logging everything you are always hungry because you are starving yourself and you have no energy because you are malnourished.

I would also suggest a more efficient use of the calories you do have (chuck the creamer and use sweetner and milk instead, toss the breaded chicken sandwich and eat grilled chicken. Change your macros to up your protein, and make your carbs and fats more moderate. Lean proteins, moderate carbs (including tons of veg), and moderate fats should help you stay close to net 0 and be satiated.

I love you, and your diary worries me.

I will admit I have not been eating well at all. That day I forgot lunch and ran up to Casey's grabed something from there. I really need to go grocery shopping in the worst way. Is my creamer really that bad? The jar I just bought only has 25cals per Tbsp. These are excuses I know, but I am a picky eater and my closest grocery store with good varity is 40min away. so I don't have quick easy access to the goods. I need major help!
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    (chuck the creamer and use sweetner and milk instead,

Is my creamer really that bad? The jar I just bought only has 25cals per Tbsp.

That's part of your problem. You are considering a "good" food based on it being low calorie, and you aren't eating the calories you need.

I can't see your diary, but based on the interchange I just saw... Forget the creamer, forget the milk, use full-on cream.

Try to get by without the sweetener or sugar, because processed sugar calories are just empty nothings that don't contribute to your health, but don't be scared of a little fat from time to time. Fat is an excellent and sustaining energy source.

Eat your whole calorie allotment EVERY DAY, or as close as you can reasonably come, and make sure that at least 1/3 of that is coming from proteins and 1/3 from fats (give or take). Don't go "lo-cal" if you're already struggling to eat all your calories.

If you eat good complex carbs, quality proteins, and good fats, you'll find your calories are a lot easier to manage. You'll be less hungry, and more energetic. Then you can drop this talk about trying to get appetite suppressants and focus on what foods keep your energy levels up so maybe you can work on the anti-anxiety stuff.
  • sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    today's diary is atrocious! I have been binging on sweets then salty stuff. I can't keep myself in check lately. I need to get back to the grilled chicken and salads again.
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I need some more suggestions with this. I am ALWAYS hungry and I have no energy to do anything. What can I take to fix these issues. I do have a low dose of anti-anxiety so I know thats what is killing my energy levels. I am always drinking coffee, tea and water all day long.

I was going to suggest caffeine (hot green tea) as an appetite suppressant and energy boost all in one. However since you're already drinking coffee and tea and your energy isn't there... my only thought is its because you're not giving your body the energy it needs. I didn't view your diary, however I can promise you that when you don't eat enough (especially of the right things), your body doesn't function right. Also might want to considering going to the doc to see if you are deficient in any vitamins that could be causing you to be tired.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you're craving something, you probably need it.
    If you're hungry, you need to eat.

If you are hungry all the time, you are not getting enough fuel for your body. Not having enough fuel will make you really tired all the time. So it's not that you need an appetite suppressant and an energy boost, you just need to eat more. Start out the day with something high in protein and high in fiber. They will both help you stay fuller longer. Plus, high quality foods will help you feel better because your body isn't having to deal with all the other junk. You need to stay away from the processed junk, because that will totally sap your energy levels.

I think both issues can be remedied by you just eating more in general. 1200 calories is too low for most people even though MFP regularly hands it out to people!