SMOKERS UNITE THREAD

Options
iam_thatdude
iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
I know we all want to quit....and should...but we know we all still enjoy smoking.

Replies

• boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    i hate to admit it but when I do indulge i love it.
  • kristen5231
    Options
    Hehe, that's me right now too!
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I gave up the habit 16 or 17 years ago, but still feel the urge when I'm enjoying a beer or three.
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    The last smoking thread made me want to smoke. This one does too! :sad:
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I want to start again. I feel like such a quitter.
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Quit 4 days ago, and I am ready to STAB SOMEONE IN THE EYE!! LOL

:bigsmile:
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Just had one myself. You can tell yourself either: It's a disgusting habit and I really need to quit OR maaan did I need that!

Both answers work.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I gave it up 2 or 3 yrs ago and now the smell makes me sick....I dont miss it
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmhm
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I enjoy smoking most of the time. There are times I hate myself for it.... Like riding in my parents car for 12 hours with limited smoke breaks. :explode:
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    I plan on trying to quit (again!) after i get to my goal weight.

i smoke, drink diet soda & coffee - but I eat a ton of fruits and veggies every day.

i don't pretend to be perfect, but i'm still healthier than I was when i started my weight loss adventure!
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Just had one myself. You can tell yourself either: It's a disgusting habit and I really need to quit OR maaan did I need that!

Both answers work.

i've been known to say both in the same breath.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Only time I ever had even one puff from a cigarette was when I was in Okinawa and we put a roach in the end of a Kool. Never again.

I do, however, go through half a dozen Cigars a week.
  • kristen5231
    Options
    LOL Brett and Lisa, I was the same way when i tried to quit at day 4. Work is a *****! And I have to deal with old farty customers and I had like 3 instances where I got so heated I was crying and shaking. I took a brisk walk after each one but it was just too much (same week I started my diet) so that's the day I caved. Hope you're able to push through it!!!!
  • RocketsGirl
    RocketsGirl Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I loved smoking.

I still miss it...especially when I have a cold beer in my hand.

*sigh*
  • ekz13
    ekz13 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    quit about 180 days ago...

don't miss the cost
    don't miss huffing and weezing going up stairs
    don't miss being fat
    don't miss not being able to run a mile (and more)
    don't miss sweating when the temp goes up 5deg

and I can keep going, I honestly enjoyed it when I did, but didn't miss the fact that it's killing me and now that I quit for a half a year, I DON'T miss how bad I stunk now that I can smell it on others..
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

Both answers work.

i tend to say that about bating. like, 3 times a day.
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Both answers work.

And yet you are so fit. What about all the people who say if you smoke, you are unhealthy?

Let's discuss this over a smoke?!
    13519485 Posts: 264
    Options
    Smoking+Is+So+Cool+resized.jpg
  • sarai79
    sarai79 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't smoke because I'm addicted, I smoke simply because I love it. Each time I've found out I was pregnant, I've quit that same day and not smoked for the duration of my pregnancies. Last year was hospitalized for two weeks. Doctor suggested giving me a patch or meds to "Help you get through your time here without smoking." I refused them and did not suffer withdrawal symptoms nor did I crave a smoke. Smoked as soon as I got home. I simply love smoking and cannot think of a reason to quit. Sorry, but it is enjoyable to me.........:smokin: