I think I want to live again.

Options
October 27, 2008, 9:38 central time was the day my mama died. When she died, a part of me died with her. I had always told people who had experienced loss that I couldn't imagine what they were feeling. I just didn't know how true that really was. Nothing prepared me for the huge hole that would be left in my life.

After my mama died, I had to go back to work the following week. All I wanted to do is stay home in bed with the covers over my head, but I couldn't do that. I had to go to work. I would go to work, put on smile on my face, and do the best I could to make it through the day. When I got off, I could fall apart again. I tried to fill that hole by eating comfort foods. I would come home, lay in bed with my laptop in bed, playing mindless games on Facebook, and go to sleep. I did this for about a year. My eating habits got worse after my boyfriend of three years broke up with me six months after my mama died because I began gaining weight, even though I was a size 4 when I met him and he wore 42/30 pants...The nerve!!! (His loss)

Regardless, I suddenly changed my habits. Even though before my mama died, I had been running three miles a day and following Weight Watchers, I suddenly stopped. I didn't care about being healthy. I didn't care about living. In fact, I told several people that I didn't care if I were dead. I assured them that I didn't want to kill myself but I wouldn't care if I were to die. I really meant that and I lived my life that way. I gained 70 pounds in three years. I began to feel sick in November of last year. I went to the doctor in November. He told me that I wasn't reallly sick. My blood pressure is borderline, and one of my cholesterol readings was high. I have an appointment in May to follow up. That prompted me to begin Weight Watchers again. I refuse to have to take medicine because of what I put in my mouth.

I have lost 24 pounds since I began this journey again. I often say to myself, "How in the world did I let myself get here again?" But I know the answer to that. I did what I had to in order to survive. It was all I could do. I was walking in the park the other day when it hit me, I don't want to die anymore. I want to live. Not only that, but I want to be happy again. I'm still not there, but thank God, I'm no longer in a depression.

I want my life again. I think this healthy lifestyle is a step in the right direction. I want to look like my pictures again. I want to want to take pictures of myself again. I want to be skinny again. I want my life back. I know a part of me forever died on October 27, 2008, the hole in my heart will never be filled, and I am learning how to tolerate life without my mama, but I think I want to live again.

Replies

• clairegogogo
    Options
    Honey, It's so hard for me to read your post, it broke my heart a little. My mom means the world to me and I just couldn't imagine losing her.

Good for you for making a change for YOURSELF! You have the most beautiful smile, and I know you can do this! You will make her so proud.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    God bless you and your family.
  • Yourkindagirl
    Yourkindagirl Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thanks.:smile:
  • Queenbec2
    Queenbec2 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your mother, but I'm so glad you've found your way again. On days that are hard, just think about what your mother would give to see you happy. She would want you to live a long, happy and healthy life. Hang in there and know that there are many many people here to cheer you on when things get tough.
  • k9runner1963
    k9runner1963 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    So happy to have you back!
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Life is precious. I know losing your Mother must have been hard. I almost lost my Mom when I was 13 and that was hard enough. I am happy to know you and to have become FBFs and MFPs. Find something new everyday to be happy about and before you know--Happiness will be the norm. Keep Pushing Deb--for you, your Mother and all of the People will see your light. Hugs!