I Never Get My Picture Taken

Options
leslisa
leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
I look so different in a picture than I do in the mirror. I get completely discouraged when I see myself in a picture. I had an Xmas pic taken 2 years ago (Good Lord was it horrible. I couldn't even photoshop it to make the family look good :embarassed: )

Other than that it has literally been years since I had a photo taken (even the driver's license photo was ~4 years ago). Maybe it is because a lot of pictures make me look sort of jaundice (I'm definately not jaundice) and puffy (I don't think I'm puffy either). Maybe I'm just afraid I'll look fat as a cow? Don't know but I'm sort of trying to work it out as the 13yo son asked why there are basically no pics of me around the house.

Anyone else have this?

Replies

• conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I hate getting my picture taken. There are few pictures of me at family gatherings as I usually "have to go to the bathroom" or some other excuse. I am very unphotogenic and can't stand to see myself in pictures...Yuck...
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    I hate getting my picture taken. There are few pictures of me at family gatherings as I usually "have to go to the bathroom" or some other excuse. I am very unphotogenic and can't stand to see myself in pictures...Yuck...

You look nice in your profile pic, no goofy smile, no weird coloring, etc.
  • Pandadora
    Pandadora Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way. Especially with social media so easily accessed on camera phones now, I'm really camera shy. I like seeing my progress in the mirror but photos are tough for me. At the same time my friends, seeing my progress, really want me to upload nice photos of myself onto various social media websites.

I'm still in the process of losing weight and my boyfriend is sneaks an occasional picture when I'm not looking "Because you look so beautiful" but per my request he still refrains from posting it anywhere.

I have decided that my reward to myself for hitting my goal weight will be a new dress and a nice photography session. Nothing too spendy, I'll probably just do it at Walmart, but someone with some experience. Having a nice photographer can really get your good side and make you more confident (I remember from senior photos).

I can't think of a better way to come out than to post some nice 'skinny' portraits of myself on Facebook and show off for my friends and even people I haven't seen in a while. Maybe with that boost I won't be so camera shy.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    I hate face pics. I can deal with body ones, but I hate seeing my face in pics, I just always look all weird, esp when I'm trying to be normal (some one actually laughed at my last passport photo, I looked like a drugged out criminal, thank god the new one is better), usually I just make a funny face these days, or avoid photos all together!
  • Mandanbil
    Mandanbil Posts: 40
    Options
    Two weeks ago today I had my picture taken, the next day I hot footed it to this site to do something. Never realised I was THAT big, I even looked twice at the others in the picture and yes they looked just like they always do so it just reinforces I too hate hate hate my picture taken.