SMOKERS UNITE THREAD

Options

Replies

• kristen5231
    Options
    Amen Lisa! I cannot afford to get old!!!! Hell i can't afford to my teeth whitened!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I haven't really needed one today or yesterday until I read the word, "smoking". It passes after a minute though. Today is day 3 and I haven't murdered anyone yet. We'll see how the afternoon works out. :smokin:
  • hjohns65
    hjohns65 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    If I could just stop the 2 smokes in the morning anf the smoking on a car ride and the smoking after a meal, and the smoking when I walk the dog and the smoking when I have a drink and the smoking when im bored....

I could totally quit

yep i'm totally thinking this same thing!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options

Next time please ask for the non-smoking thread, as your non-smoking offends me. Thank you :)

But at least my non-smoking doesn't kill anyone.

But stuffing your face with twinkies does.

that's what I was thinking... maybe people should take a long hard think about what they are doing to themselves before passing judgement on someone else for their decisions...
  • angelapolite
    Options
    If I could just stop the 2 smokes in the morning anf the smoking on a car ride and the smoking after a meal, and the smoking when I walk the dog and the smoking when I have a drink and the smoking when im bored....

I could totally quit

Yeah, me too!
  • lisanume
    lisanume Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    LOL Brett and Lisa, I was the same way when i tried to quit at day 4. Work is a *****! And I have to deal with old farty customers and I had like 3 instances where I got so heated I was crying and shaking. I took a brisk walk after each one but it was just too much (same week I started my diet) so that's the day I caved. Hope you're able to push through it!!!!

Hahah.....I tend to have massive migraines.... last time I quit, I suffered from a migraine for 6 days before I realized it was nicotine withdrawals. I had alllll the fun that goes with migraines too, hospital stay, vomit, crying, you name it.
    I smoked a ciggarette, and it went away.
    I smoked for antother 2 years.... I quit 4 days ago.... with Chantix.... I got the headache lastnight from the withdrawals...
    I am also on Hormone Replacement Therapy from having breast cancer.... so the combination isn't good, I am a hormonal mess craving nicotine!!! :frown:
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options

Next time please ask for the non-smoking thread, as your non-smoking offends me. Thank you :)

But at least my non-smoking doesn't kill anyone.

No, your lack of humor does

Amen, sister!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    that's what I was thinking... maybe people should take a long hard think about what they are doing to themselves before passing judgement on someone else for their decisions...
    Especially those who preach tolerance for other issues. You're either tolerant of others' choices or you're not. Just sayin'.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Woah, chill out guys. No personally attacking, remember? Don't wanna get the thread killed.

I'm on day 3 of no ciggies, again. I usually find it much easier if I still allow myself to have one now and then, because if I go with the Last Smoke Forever, I fail. I slipped up this time around and let stress convince me to just have a couple, each day, for a week, and now that the freezer pack is gone, and I'm all antsy. Ah, addiction.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    nm
  • StarkLark
    StarkLark Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    What kind of smoking are we talking here?
    Easy with that or you'll get this thread deleted! :wink: We need a MFP approved euphemism for this...

/off to attend a "safety meeting"
  • Raven_Blackblade
    Options
    I actually quit smoking analog cigarettes in April 2009 (woo hoo 3 years!) with the help of the E-Cig. All the benefits that we love of smoking with out the smell of an ashtray, the death, and with more breathing!!
    Right now I am vaping Orange Creamcicle! Mmmmmmm

Here's a pic of me dolled up in February being a goof and vaping off of the Vitae.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s720x720/393973_10150768636823852_777523851_12249401_1700852029_n.jpg
  • w_i_n_d_y
    w_i_n_d_y Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    raucherlunge-nichtraucherlunge-ENGL.jpg

also

IF YOU SMOKE
    2844349731_you_stink_xlarge.gif
    AND NO ONE ACTUALLY LIKES BREATHING WHEN YOU'RE NEAR, BUT THEY CAN'T SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE IT'S NOT PC

slow-painful-death.jpg

antismoking18.jpg

Enjoy your cigarettes. :sick:

*SIGHS* There is always one person to ruin the fun for everyone else.

So much for tolerance and acceptance for all I guess....
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I don't smoke. But congrats to those trying to. It was fun until a TROLL came along. Remember that episode of the SImpsons "Tree House of Horror" with the commercials going everywhere? And the way to get rid of them is to just not look or respond. That's how you make trolls go away. Don't quote em, don't ackowledge the fact that they posted, just don't look. THey get buried that way quick. Now, on to the tongue and cheekness.
  • Laurej
    Laurej Posts: 227
    Options
    What kind of smoking are we talking here?
    Easy with that or you'll get this thread deleted! :wink: We need a MFP approved euphemism for this...

/off to attend a "safety meeting"

ROFLMAO
  • sgballow
    sgballow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am in this boat!! I hate it but I love it! One day it will kill me but until then I am living it up!
  • rchupka87
    rchupka87 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    :smokin:
  • sgballow
    sgballow Posts: 40 Member
    Options

I could totally quit

LMAO...me too!!!
  • gomisskellygo
    gomisskellygo Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    I am soooo here for you guys! But I am almost at month 3..and these posts are making me look longingly at the gas station across the street!!

Peace out! And blow smoke at me if you see me!!:smokin: :wink:
  • susieq101178
    susieq101178 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just had one myself. You can tell yourself either: It's a disgusting habit and I really need to quit OR maaan did I need that!

Both answers work.

i've been known to say both in the same breath.

Yes, yes