always go over on protein

Options
been doing the 1200 calorie a day diet for about 6 weeks now, havent noticed any drastic results but i guess doing it the healthy way takes time which im ok with... the problem im having is that i always seem to go way over on protein, for example yesterday i was minus 20 or something like that! i dont see what i can cut out my diet unless i just want to be eating fruit and veg all day ( which i dont) its things like having a chicken breast for dinner or ham on my weightwatchers wrap that take me over but if i dont have these things i dont feel full at all! My question is really will this hinder my weight loss by going over on protein? i always stay under my calories and carbs but just cant seem to keep under protein!

Thnaks in advance! :smile:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP sets protein really low, so you shouldnt worry about being over, i was always over with their original settings.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    No, getting lots of protein is good - I aim for 80-100g per day.

You can use the custom settings to change your macros, if the red numbers really annoy you.
  • LittleMissAlx
    LittleMissAlx Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    If you're going to go over on something, protein is the best thing to go over on. I wouldn't worry about it as long as you're not going over on calories :)
  • rainydayboys
    Options
    I'd rather go over on protein than anything else!
  • kmcmen
    kmcmen Posts: 12
    Options
    thank you everyone. I am new to this. It is my second day. I still have to add extra fat and carbs and then I go over on protein. At least now I know that is OK