STALLED WEIGHT LOSS

Options
I need help, I think I need to recalculate my calories but I have no idea how! Can someone assist? I've been stuck at the same weight for two weeks.

Replies

• thelaurameister
    thelaurameister Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I could be wrong, but I think that the calories automatically adjust on MFP based on your weight. When I stall, it helps me to really pay attention to my sodium intake. Water weight can be brutal! I hope that helps. Good luck!
  • dctina
    dctina Posts: 5
    Options
    excellent link, Kenny! i let myself have an "over-calories" day once a week or so--and have found that i usually drop a pound or two within two days after that. similar concept.
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I need help, I think I need to recalculate my calories but I have no idea how! Can someone assist? I've been stuck at the same weight for two weeks.

As annoying as it is...two weeks is not quite a plateau. But, if you are concerned, try shaking things up a bit...change up your workouts, add one more or do something a bit more intense. If you are not doing any strength training, throw some of that in...that is what broke my "I am stuck at this weight for four weeks" problem.

The best advise I have gotten on here about calories....if you adjust a bit, (up or down) give it a couple of weeks to see any real effects....it is not going to change overnight. (well, water weight maybe!!)

Good luck!!
  • icerafta
    icerafta Posts: 38
    Options
    If you are working out, just tweek your routine a little. I have been doing water aerobics for a few months now, and lost 23 lbs. For the last 3 weeks I have been going from up 3 lbs to dlown 2 or 3. The average is no loss in 3 weeks. I have added hip adductions to my routine and a 20 minute walk when weather permits. I weigh in on Friday. I try not to be discouraged, as you add muscle when you work out. Muscle is heavier than fat and your body can be losing fat while gaining muscle. I try not to rely so much on my scale. I feel great, have more energy and I sleep well at night. My thighs are getting very firm (on the outer thighs) so I know I am progressing. I avoid full length mirrors. Drink lots of water and avoid fast food. Good luck, my friend. (-:
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    excellent link, Kenny! i let myself have an "over-calories" day once a week or so--and have found that i usually drop a pound or two within two days after that. similar concept.

Thanks. It happens during refeeds as well. Regarding the specific situation you described, read this:
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html
  • l3long
    l3long Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I have been reading about the connection between calcium intake and weight loss. Make sure that you are getting lots of dietary calcium. If you aren't your body will store fat. Also make sure your water intake is high enough. Both can jumpstart a stalled weight loss effort.
  • JimandLin
    JimandLin Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I started tracking my sugar on MFP, and found I was way over. Seems like sugar is in everything.
    That helped me. I started losing again.
  • jen_graven
    jen_graven Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with the workout solution, change it up a bit. When you do the same thing over and over and over and....well you get the picture, your muscles (and fat) tend to take up residence in that particualr way of doing things and they dont like the change. So when you do change it up they are like WHAT THE HECK!!! So yes....do change up workouts. Muscle weighs the same as fat, a pound is a pound, the thing about it is muscle takes up less space therfore making you look trimmer. Throw in a weight routine and you will be seeing more results in no time! Have fun with it and good luck!
  • nixirain
    nixirain Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Being "stuck" for a few weeks is normal but if you want to see what your calorie goals should be I suggest:

give us your height, weight, age, bf% and activity level and I can give you a break down.

if you don't know your body fat go here: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/mbf/