Can I get some help?

Options
Would someone look at my diary and let me know if I am on the right track as far as my calories in and what I burn? I am confused by what I should eat and then if I exercise etc. Thanks!

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    its hard to tell, your diary is really complex and you have strange items like ...1 tbsp of boiled egg so I would say to look up a few meal plans and pick one that works for you cuz reviewing that diary is a nightmare my friend
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Well it looks like you are getting a lot of meat and vegetables! A lot of good food. That's great! :) When you add your exercise you did for that day, your diary will automatically give you extra calories that you can eat for the day. There is a lot of talk about eating back excerise calories or some eat only part of their exercise calories given. :)
  • Sandyk5460
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sandy. I am 51 years young and I am 5 ft zip. A few years ago, I had finally gotten to my goal weight of 125 pounds, felt good. After the birth of my daughter in 1984, I ballooned up to 245 pounds. This was mostly due to a medical condition, Cushing's Disease. But the weight had to come off the old fashion way. I went on a 1000 cal 20 gram fat a day diet and began speed walking. I was walking 4 miles in less than 1 hour 4 times a week.. I am a registered nurse and in 2008, I injured my back at work. Living with chronic back pain is a chore but trying to maintain your weight while unable to do anything remotely physical is practically impossible. I've re-gained 40 of my initial 110 pound weight loss. I was depressed with my chronic back pain but with this added weight, I've now become angry and wanting to fight to get ME back. So I just started my new resolution. After my first day, I'm down 5.8 pounds. I have started walking again but not at the magnitude I once did it. Taking baby steps. My back allows me to walk 5 minutes at a time.............so I will walk 6 times a day.......................... Trying to build up my pace.

I looked at your diary. How did you come up with that daily caloric intake? That seems excessive for a weight loss program. I am on a 1200 cal/day but try to keep it under that. I try to keep my lunch and dinner under 300 calories, my snacks at 100. I try for 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks. This keeps me from feeling hungry and drinking lots of water. It also looks like you have a portion of egg every day along with some kind of fat ( sausage, 3 bites). Try to stay away from the red meat and pork. Try more fish or seafood. Your salads sound great filled with a lot of tasty "free" foods. Over all it looks good. but I would lower my caloric intake, add more "free" foods and more chicken, turkey, fish or seafood. Hope this helps.
  • llw1013
    llw1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Protein and veggies look ok. I would suggest lowering your daily calorie intake as well. And possibly lowering your carbs? I always tend to do better when my carbs and sugar are under control.
  • Mandy7698
    Mandy7698 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    LOL the 1 tbsp. of hard boiled egg is what I put on my salad from our salad bar here at school :)
  • Mandy7698
    Mandy7698 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Sandy. I am 51 years young and I am 5 ft zip. A few years ago, I had finally gotten to my goal weight of 125 pounds, felt good. After the birth of my daughter in 1984, I ballooned up to 245 pounds. This was mostly due to a medical condition, Cushing's Disease. But the weight had to come off the old fashion way. I went on a 1000 cal 20 gram fat a day diet and began speed walking. I was walking 4 miles in less than 1 hour 4 times a week.. I am a registered nurse and in 2008, I injured my back at work. Living with chronic back pain is a chore but trying to maintain your weight while unable to do anything remotely physical is practically impossible. I've re-gained 40 of my initial 110 pound weight loss. I was depressed with my chronic back pain but with this added weight, I've now become angry and wanting to fight to get ME back. So I just started my new resolution. After my first day, I'm down 5.8 pounds. I have started walking again but not at the magnitude I once did it. Taking baby steps. My back allows me to walk 5 minutes at a time.............so I will walk 6 times a day.......................... Trying to build up my pace.

I looked at your diary. How did you come up with that daily caloric intake? That seems excessive for a weight loss program. I am on a 1200 cal/day but try to keep it under that. I try to keep my lunch and dinner under 300 calories, my snacks at 100. I try for 3 meals a day and 2-3 snacks. This keeps me from feeling hungry and drinking lots of water. It also looks like you have a portion of egg every day along with some kind of fat ( sausage, 3 bites). Try to stay away from the red meat and pork. Try more fish or seafood. Your salads sound great filled with a lot of tasty "free" foods. Over all it looks good. but I would lower my caloric intake, add more "free" foods and more chicken, turkey, fish or seafood. Hope this helps.

I got my total calories from MFP. I am so confused with TDEE and NET and all that stuff. When I try to figure my calories on calculators from in place of a road map from Hello It's Dan, I was getting that I should be eating over 2000 a day! I just want to be doing the right things for weight loss. I am suppose to see a nutrionist next week and hope I get some answers there!
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You do NOT need to lower your caloric intake. Let's say your BMR is 1500, you don't need to eat below that to lose weight. That's what your body needs to thrive (clearly you can survive on less, but why survive when you can THRIVE) if you were in bed and didn't move all day You can if you want to but you have to define in your own mind what the "right way" is. If you eat 1600 a day and add some light-moderate exercise, you should be fine. If you lose a large amount of weight quickly because of a higher deficit, it'll likely be mostly muscle. Yes, the scale will look nice but the scale doesn't have anything to do with how your clothes fit.
  • mommymeg2
    mommymeg2 Posts: 145 Member
    Options

I got my total calories from MFP. I am so confused with TDEE and NET and all that stuff. When I try to figure my calories on calculators from in place of a road map from Hello It's Dan, I was getting that I should be eating over 2000 a day! I just want to be doing the right things for weight loss. I am suppose to see a nutrionist next week and hope I get some answers there!

It's also possible the nutritionist will say eat less but please do your own research and decide what works best for you. Of course we can make better food choices about where our calories are coming from but fuel your body and your body will thank you!