New to site

Options
Today is my birthday and the start of a new commitment to myself. I have diabetes, high blood pressure and chronic kidney disease. I NEED this! Looking for mutual support!

Replies

• ginnerll
    ginnerll Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! today is my first day too :) I'm fortunate that I don't have major health issues. Just sore joints and sore feet!
  • ethansmom51406
    Options
    I'm new too. Happy Birthday! I came on here because I thought maybe it would help motivate me, we'll see! Good luck!
  • CatzMe67
    CatzMe67 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! I'm starting today as well, looking for support and motivation as I attempt to lose 50 pounds....again! As I get older the weight seems to keep piling on no matter what I do, and I'm tired of feeling and looking like a fat sloppy pig! I'm in the process of removing all temptation from my life, in my cabinets, in my activities, and in the people I spend my time with...ok not actually removing the people, but trying to get them on board with my goals! I work full time and go to school full time so meal planning is tough for me, not to mention I just don't cook any more now that my kiddos are grown and out on their own. I exercise 3 days a week but don't see any results from that...so discouraging.

Anyway, here I am again, trying to stick to a diet and exercise plan to get these 50 pounds off of me!
  • chellmurrell
    Options
    Happy Happy Birthday! Im new to the site as well because of health issues. Its really been working for me, So far. :wink:
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    This site is very helpful. But you have to be determined to work at it. The food diary has been a great help to me. It made me realize how much mindless eating I was doing. And it is fun to try new recipes with less calories or even find ways to do it with your own recipes.And actually looking at food portions. You can do this, I even find it challenging to find ways to stick under my food goal. I have lost 45lbs(some before I started here) and now am looking at just trying to maintain. I never told myself I couldn't have things just found ways to fit it in to my goals.
  • v_ludwig
    v_ludwig Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday:flowerforyou: