Excited to start using this site

Options
Hello all! My name is Bonnie and I just wanted to introduce myself. I don't know that I'll use the forums much; I just found this site yesterday and I love the tools for tracking your daily food and exercise, and logging your weight.
I've been working on losing weight for 4 months and I've lost 40 pounds. I did this by decreasing my calorie intake to 1200 and working out for at least 45 mins each day. Then I hurt my ankle about two weeks into my journey, so I quit working out and lessened my calories to make up for it. My ankle's better now, but I hate exercise so I haven't picked it back up. I am eating less than 1,000 cals a day and I hate it, but I'm afraid to change b/c I don't want to pick up the weight again. I still have 15-20 pounds to lose before i get to my goal weight of 155, and I think I've hit a plataeu. I haven't lost any weight in 3 weeks. :ohwell: If I am stuck at this weight, and just have to keep eating this way to maintain it.... well, that will be okay in that this is a wayyy better weight than when I started, but it will suck b/c I can't see me eating 1,000 cals a day for the rest of my life.
So that's me and where I am in my journey! :happy:

Replies

• Veronica320
    Options
    Welcome! You might be stuck at you current weight because you are not consuming enough calories (starvation mode). You should be eating at least 1200 a day. Good luck:smile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • NellyBlight
    NellyBlight Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am new too and love what i've seen so far.