Suggestions? On a very strict diet...

Options
pitbulllover
pitbulllover Posts: 98 Member
I'm seeing a nutritionist, and temporarily I have a ton of food restrictions (trying to figure out what my allergies/sensitivities are).

No dairy, no sugar, no caffeine, no alcohol, no wheat or grains (except brown rice or quinoa).

I'm also vegetarian, so I don't eat meat or fish...

I've been eating the same things every day, omelets for breakfast, salads or veggie sir-fry for lunch and dinner, made the same way every single day...

Any suggestions on how to spice things up a bit??

Replies

• emmaw1810
    emmaw1810 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey I have done something similar I had a food test and had to cut out yeast, sugar, processed food, alcohol, caffeine, tea, chocolate, apples, lettuce and barley! I lived on nuts, fruit more or less raw foods. I also had to buy raw chocolate. You could make loads of different soups for lunch, what about making a veg cassorole or have quinoa with roasted vegtables. Do you like chillies/garlic you could add them to food? Sweet jacket potatoes? This is a tough one as I do eat meat & fish so I could vary my meals. I have lots of vegetarian cook books I will try get more ideas for you!
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    quinoa cereal--cook with non dairy milk, add cinnamon, maple syrup, and nuts on top
    quinoa risotto--cook with non dairy milk, non dairy cheese, and spices...add in peas/mushrooms
    quinoa "salad"--cook and cool in the fridge, add olive oil, herbs, halved cherry tomatoes, and olives

pan seared tofu with brown rice and steamed veg--drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil

soft boiled/hard boiled/ poached eggs...on top of or mixed into the rice...add in veggies of your choosing

rice cereal--cooked like quinoa
    risotto--cooked like quinoa
    rice stir fried with mixed veggies
    stuffed peppers w/ rice OR quinoa and veggie meat