Options

Replies

• jvball21
    jvball21 Posts: 33
    Options
    It's actually quite sad.
  • dragonscapes24
    Options
    all I can say is wow... everyone should watch this... on a side note she is a very talented girl...
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    Poses the question....how much better or easier has technology made our lives in the long run? Not to sound old fashioned, but how much better have our children's lives become since mom is out working and relying on fast food or store bought meals with high concentrations of sodium and chemicals ...but low concentrations of nutrients?

Someone forgot to mention that fresh foods lose their flavor ( and probably nutritional value) the longer they are off the plant....not to mention that most are picked before fully ripe (and at full nutritional value?)because they wouldn't hold up under the conditions they go through during transport.

This video (and bright young girl) says to me...look what we have gotten ourselves into this time.....out of the mouths of babes.....why can't you see this mom...dad??? What a legacy to leave our children with.

So sad..:brokenheart: :cry: :cry:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Glad to know someone in the younger generation knows or even cares about this.

Don't kid yourselves, we as a nation are like this because of our spoiled rotten attitude
    of NOW NOW NOW. And the figures now suggest that europe (parts of it, at least) is right
    behind us. It's pretty sad.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    That is really sad.
    Stay healthy, indeed!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    That made me cry. I wish, wish, wish that I had made healthier food choices for my family when my kids were babies...maybe now they would not be so picky, and by picky I mean they prefer junk to healthy food. So now we are taking baby steps to change that.

I decided two weeks ago that they would have to learn how to like some things that they sometimes complain about--wheat bread. I even bought whole wheat hot dog buns to go with the low fat Hebrew national beef franks I bought. My son turned his nose up..he is almost ten. I gave him a choice---the healthy hot dog or broccoli...he picked the hot dog and after he ate it, he said it was good!

Baby steps. I know there are some easy steps I can take to make healthy changes in their diet. I have not purchased a Little Debbie in weeks and guess what? They have not even asked where they are. Instead they are eating a few vanilla wafers or some animal crackers.
  • jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    wow that was awesome thanks

i like how she said healthy not skinny thats the key its finding the balance and being healthy not over weight or under weight we don't want anorexia and the such but a healthy lifestyle as we aren't working like we use to hard labour all day and even house work is easier than it use to be.

good on her thumbs up
  • dshandt
    dshandt Posts: 192
    Options
    That made me cry. I wish, wish, wish that I had made healthier food choices for my family when my kids were babies...maybe now they would not be so picky, and by picky I mean they prefer junk to healthy food. So now we are taking baby steps to change that.

That is so awesome....you should be really proud of yourself. Hang in there....be firm and explain to the kids in the best way you can why you are doing it! Be positive and encouraging....they will resist, but in the long run, it will be so much better!!! They will benefit soooooo much.

Kudos :drinker:
  • kelpie06
    kelpie06 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Bump

Everyone should see that message!

It made me cry too. Especially the part about the children.
  • Pom_love_2
    Options
    Bumped again
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Makes me want to send my kids outside to play!!!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    wow ,,, that was schocking,

its really sad, obiscity is becoming the normal,
    i'm not sure i always blame the parents, because it really is expensive to eat healthy, a bottle of soda is cheaper then water. a bag of chip is cheaper then a bag of apple. and i am sure that if they were more educated about it they would make better choices, with the crap they sell in school, we are only teaching our kids that its ok to eat that way. but yeah, i'm always shocked when i see obesce (hate that word, cant even write it right) parents feed crap to their kids, i cant help thinking, dont you see that that food made you like that, do you really want the same for your kid ???????????

there is so many problems in our society,

ho by the way, bump !
    may