What have you overheard at the gym...

Options
misskerouac
misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
These two 17year-old-ish girls came into the locker room last night as I was getting ready to work out and they were getting ready to leave and it was pretty quiet in there so I couldn't really avoid hearing (in a super high pitched, gum smacking voice)

"DUDE, F**K, You know so-and-so's brother, he is sooooo hammered right now, he's trying to talk to me on the phone and I KNOW he has b****es over, like, why would he have all these b****es over, right? and he's screaming on the phone totally hammered."

*le sigh*

Now, I have a mouth like a trucker sometimes, and maybe it's me, but I don't tend to swear in public places where there are people of ALL ages.

Please tell me some of the funny, disgusting, inappropriate, conversations you've overheard at the gym

Replies

• Gorgeous222
    Gorgeous222 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    lol! LOVE this topic! So mine is gross, but I was in the weight lifting section one day, lifting my 8 pounders, and some Hulk look-alike was not too far away, YELLING to his friend about how he takes a million and one supplements and protein powders a day, and he is getting SUCH diarrhea from it! SERIOUSLY! And he was repeating it over and over, like he was proud of his bathroom issues! Sorry, I do not need to hear about the side effects, buddy. Keep in mind I had my iPod on, and I could still hear him over my music. He was also one of those guys that does like, 4 reps of a heavy weight, and then walks around the gym for a half hour hitting on girls and flexing to impress guys who don't have muscles as large as he does. My sister and I used to call him "Triangle Man" because he had pretty massive arms and shoulders, and then a small wasit and even skinnier legs - like a triangle! Haha, can't wait to hear what others post :)
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Why would ANYONE shout about diarrhea lol
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    If I am alone, I usually wear my head phones and ignore everyone. But last night, my best friend and I were doing the hip abductor machines and chatting about flexibility while using the machines and during sex. I imagine anyone listening to us chat was amused.
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way, I hate when people are cursing like sailors in public places, even bars.

My experience is when I was in the showers at the gym and a middle aged woman is yelling "Amy"..."Amy"..and it keeps getting closer to me. All of a sudden this woman rips open my curtain and looks at me for like a full 5 seconds (felt like an hour) and says "oh youre not Amy" and closes the curtain half way. I wanted to go out and smack her upside the head, I was so embarrassed and angry.
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    The old guys shaving naked over the sink in the gym....just gross.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i overheard a pretty heated fight between husband and wife :-( he had her backed to a wall, going on and on about how hard he works and how she just doesn't get it, etc.

:-(
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    i heard about how the cops have nothing better to do than hide on the side of the road waiting to pull someone over. speed trap talk. lol. also heard a lot about NHL playoffs.
  • NSQuintana
    NSQuintana Posts: 207
    Options
    lol! LOVE this topic! So mine is gross, but I was in the weight lifting section one day, lifting my 8 pounders, and some Hulk look-alike was not too far away, YELLING to his friend about how he takes a million and one supplements and protein powders a day, and he is getting SUCH diarrhea from it! SERIOUSLY! And he was repeating it over and over, like he was proud of his bathroom issues! Sorry, I do not need to hear about the side effects, buddy. Keep in mind I had my iPod on, and I could still hear him over my music. He was also one of those guys that does like, 4 reps of a heavy weight, and then walks around the gym for a half hour hitting on girls and flexing to impress guys who don't have muscles as large as he does. My sister and I used to call him "Triangle Man" because he had pretty massive arms and shoulders, and then a small wasit and even skinnier legs - like a triangle! Haha, can't wait to hear what others post :)

:laugh: @ Triangle Man!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Since I'm usually alone in the gym, all I overhear is the sound of my pathetic wheezing and gasping. I make sure to turn the the TV extra loud as a result.
  • iam_thatdude
    iam_thatdude Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    farting, but then again I can really only hear myself.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,957 Member
    Options
    I always seem to get on the dreadmill at the same time the ladies get out of Zumba. Not a week goes by where I don't hear 2 of them discussing how heavy their "flow" is this week......GROSS!!!!!!
  • fj78
    fj78 Posts: 17
    Options
    I live in Italy and I go to the gym with a British friend. We overheard this in Italian about us....
    "Aww, don't you love hearing them speak? I'm going to get one from England for my house!" Er, we are actual humans. Thanks.
  • misskerouac
    Options
    The old guys shaving naked over the sink in the gym....just gross.

WHY ARE THEY SHAVING AT THE GYM PERIOD!!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Since I'm usually alone in the gym, all I overhear is the sound of my pathetic wheezing and gasping. I make sure to turn the the TV extra loud as a result.

haha I let out a grunt doing pushups the other day and was actually kind of embarrased
  • misskerouac
    Options
    i overheard a pretty heated fight between husband and wife :-( he had her backed to a wall, going on and on about how hard he works and how she just doesn't get it, etc.

:-(

:(
  • Tanya_IP
    Tanya_IP Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    does that mean you are only hearing yourself farting lol ;-)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

lmao! Thank god for noisy gym and fans to keep those crazy runners from sweating their *kitten* off...or else I'd be one embarassed little girl
  • asllady717
    Options

There was this old guy working with a young trainer doing situps. He farted every time he came up! I laughed so hard.
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    In the guys locker room the talk can be pretty annoying. Most of the time it's monosyllabic lunkheads who haven't had an original thought this millennium. The most obnoxious recently was two 20 somethings discussing their love-life, specifically how one was about to dump the girl he was dating because she was getting too serious when he just wanted to "nail her".

I was at the gym late last night and heard two guys posing and showing their bodies to each other. One, who sounds like the most exaggerated surfer dude Hollywood could ever come up with was talking about entering a body building contest and having to compete with the "'roided out MFers". When I got out of the shower and could see who was talking, I was suprised to see that the surfer dude was the gym employee in charge at the time.
  • misskerouac
    Options

There was this old guy working with a young trainer doing situps. He farted every time he came up! I laughed so hard.

hahah, there was an old man walking up the steps to my building on the weekend and he'd take one step, belch, another step, belch. this continued for all 6 steps.