Sugar!!

Options
My MFP log says that I am having too much sugar :S I'm not having lollies (candy) or anything confectionary, i have like fruit and even beans apparently have lots of sugar.. Finding things hard to snack on without thinking about going over my sugar. Feel free to look at my food diary.

Replies

• emilyhwithlove
    Options
    bump... same here
  • lookitscaitlin
    Options
    lol maybe i shouldn't worry too much, but stay away from eating too much fruit lol
  • sareid77
    sareid77 Posts: 11
    Options
    I ran into this problem too. Last year my doctor made me realize that I'm hypoglycemic so I've really learned to watch the amount of sugar I take in. And I love food! Things that are healthy but you would never expect the amount of sugar. Yogurt, breads.. so much. I've learned to try and keep my daily sugar intake to about 30-60 grams and I think it's really made a difference too in keeping off extra weight.
  • spekkio12345
    spekkio12345 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a specific medical reason to focus on sugar, don't obsess over it. Focus on your calories as suggested by the site, and you will see results.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between natural sugar and processed sugar. In most cases, sugars found in prepared food are processed. If the majority of your sugar is coming from unrefined means (Fruits for example), don't pay too much attention to it.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    There is a difference between natural sugar and processed sugar. In most cases, sugars found in prepared food are processed. If the majority of your sugar is coming from unrefined means (Fruits for example), don't pay too much attention to it.

What is the difference? Are not all sugars just sugar?
  • tishabev
    tishabev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Mine is always over too. I think it tracks your natural sugar and refined sugar into that category. Ive done some reading and think the 36g of sugar it allows me is meant for added or refined sugar. I ate one apple and lots of veggies yesterday and I watched all my food labels carefully (no treats or junk). Still I was over by 8. I don't think its possible to keep it under 36 if you eat over 1 fruit a day and a bunch of veggies. I usually eat more than that and don't find that my natural sugar consumption breaks my diet. I even tried putting in 1 cup of carrots and that alone has 6 grams of sugar. Don't be so concerned about the sugar in your fruit and veggies. It is fructose and is used by your body much faster and efficiently than refined glucose sugar.