help

Options
I HAVE BEEN ON MFP PAL FOR 16 DAYS. I HAVE BEEN EATING HEALTHY AND EXERCISING DAILY BURNING 300-400 CALORIES. I HAVE CUT OUT ALL MY SODAS AND FRIED FOODS. REPLACED SWEETS WITH FRUITS. I HAVENT LOST A POUND. PLEASE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE.

Replies

• LesliePierceRN
    LesliePierceRN Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    you'll need to open your diary... no one can tell what you've been doing, and therefore, can't tell you what to do better.
  • ramcdonald04
    Options
    HOW DO I DO THAT?
  • LesliePierceRN
    Options
    go up to the top right hand where it says HELP I SETTINGS I LOGOUT and click on Settings.. then scroll to the bottom and make the diary public.
  • sareid77
    sareid77 Posts: 11
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day?
  • good2bthaking
    good2bthaking Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    agreed, need to see food diary to offer some advice
  • ramcdonald04
    Options
    OK IS ON PUBLIC NOW.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Maybe your calorie allowance for the day is too high. The first thing to do is find out how many calories you need to consume for your goal. Opening your diary is a good idea.
  • crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The only thing I see is that fast food sometimes has a lot of sodium in it! Also could you give up your sweet tea for regular tea with sweetner!
  • good2bthaking
    Options
    Ipersonally think you need to eat more frequently through out the day. Also, eat some fruit because it helps to make you feel full, plus good nutrients. Also, stay away from that ranch dressing, if you need dressing try balsamic vinegar. Just some of my opinions. I am sure there are more and there are some very knowledgable people on here. Bonne chance!!!
  • LesliePierceRN
    Options
    Ok, just glancing over the last week, this is what immediately jumps out at me: You aren't eating enough, nor are you diversifying and eating lots of good things. I'm guessing you're gung-ho and trying to lose as much as quickly as possible.. which is almost always a recipe for disaster and self sabotage. If you're going to go the route of losing 1 to 2 pounds a week, then at least hit those calorie goals. If you exercise, eat those calories back. If you create conditions in which your body thinks it's in a famine, it'll respond accordingly and hoard everything you put in your mouth. Make you grains whole, trade your whites for browns where your breads/cereals are concerned. Get lots of fiber and lots of water. Make sure you eat plenty of protein - I'd suggest around 20-30 grams a meal or snack. This will help to preserve muscle mass, boost calorie burning during digestion, keep you full and satisfied longer, and increase metabolism overall. I'm guessing cutting the 500 (at least) cals a day and then coming in another 300-600 under that regularly is really downshifting your metabolism.
  • good2bthaking
    Options
    if you want a friend, feel free to add me. I don't knmow it all, but have some knowledge and will motivate you and be honest and tactful. If not, no offense taken.
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I'd add in tracking sodium. I couldn't believe that all things have sodium in it...even celery! Once I added this I was more stable with my losses instead of up & down so much! Good Luck to you :smile:
  • LisaDunn01
    LisaDunn01 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You are eating a lot of processed food, and you're not eating enough "good stuff" - baked chicken, salads, fresh vegetables, etc. I'm also guessing that additionally, you're not eating enough calories based on age and activity level. I'm thinking your body is starving... You can't force weight loss like that.

For example, I eat an ENORMOUS salad for lunch every day. It takes me 1 minute to put together. Basically, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 handful mixed baby greens, 1/4 cup walnuts, 4 fresh sliced strawberries and 2 tbsp. lemon tahini dressing. Live food, quick and easy to prepare. You can add chicken or cheese or some other protein to this if you wanted.
  • superdonna
    superdonna Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I noticed your calorie goal changed several times. Perhaps you need to stick to one.
  • charliedavisxxx
    charliedavisxxx Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    i think it was Shakespeare who first quoth... 'how poor are they that have no patience!' - this doesnt have to be a tragedy on the scale of Othello, but i think you should not expect results too soon, your body may still be in shock.

i've gotta say it still looks like your diary isnt as healthy as it could be, but then i dont know how bad it was before. all this pre-packaged food - grab a friend who knows how to cook and get them to teach you some cheeky, easy, healthy recipies you can do from scratch - attitude to food needs to change before you can develop a healthy lifestyle. Fast food ---> cold turkey

also the cheese should maybe be given the boot for the time being...

all the best of luck sweetheart xx
  • diddyh
    diddyh Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I never lose any weight the first couple of weeks of a diet & exercise program. If I'm exercising, I start putting on muscle and therefore lose no weight on the scale. My body started to tighten up but no scale change. After about 3 weeks I start to see the scale drop.
  • howeclectic
    howeclectic Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You are eating a lot of processed food, and you're not eating enough "good stuff" - baked chicken, salads, fresh vegetables, etc. I'm also guessing that additionally, you're not eating enough calories based on age and activity level. I'm thinking your body is starving... You can't force weight loss like that.

For example, I eat an ENORMOUS salad for lunch every day. It takes me 1 minute to put together. Basically, 2 handfuls of spinach, 1 handful mixed baby greens, 1/4 cup walnuts, 4 fresh sliced strawberries and 2 tbsp. lemon tahini dressing. Live food, quick and easy to prepare. You can add chicken or cheese or some other protein to this if you wanted.

You can lose weight eating processed junk... I would be an expert in this matter :). On the flip side... it is a LOT easier if you skip the processed junk. Real foods tend to be less calorie dense which will increase your satiety. (you will feel fuller on less calories). They also will reduce cravings for food that your body might get because of lack of nutrients. With that said... the single best investment you can make is in a good food scale. When I started paying attention to the grams on food labels and weighing it out exactly... thats when my diet started kicking in to gear.