Skinny Buffalo Burger Quesadilla

Options
DHalaby73
DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
Skinny Buffalo Burger Quesadilla
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 4 • Size: 1 grass fed burger • Old Points: 7 pts • Points+: 8 pt*
Calories: 316.3 • Fat: 13.8 g • Carb: 16.9 g • Fiber: 1 g • Protein: 33.8 g • Sugar: 0 g
Sodium: 525.4 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

1 lb 100% lean grass-fed ground buffalo
1 cup pico de gallo
1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar jack cheese (Sargento)
8 small whole wheat flour tortillas, cut smaller if desired (La Banderita)
spray oil
salt and fresh pepper

Directions:

Form 4 flat patties, as thin as you can. Season with salt and pepper. Heat a pan to medium-high heat; when hot, lightly spray the pan with oil and add the burgers. Cook burgers about 2 minutes on each side or to your liking. Set aside.

Clean the pan and heat on medium heat. Lightly spray with oil and place 4 tortillas on the pan (if your pan is small, you can do one at a time). Place 2 tbsp cheese on each tortilla, then 2 tbsp pico de gallo.

Top with buffalo burger, then remaining 2 tbsp pico de gallo and 2 tbsp cheese on each. Place the other tortilla on top; flip and cook until the cheese melts on the other side.

*Nutritional info for the buffalo is based on 4 oz raw 100% grass fed buffalo from the SDSU Analytical Labs and USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory. Calories: 146.2, Fat: 5.2 g, Protein: 23.7 g, Carbs: 0.9 g, Sodium: 75.4 mg

Replies

• amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I could live off of skinnytaste.com. By far one of the best sites to go to for low calorie, low fat, healthy, affordable food.
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I could live off of skinnytaste.com. By far one of the best sites to go to for low calorie, low fat, healthy, affordable food.

same here.
  • Pie1973
    Pie1973 Posts: 10
    Options
    I love skinnytaste. She posts a wide variety of food and everything that I've tried has been delicious..... :)
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I love it too that''s why when I see new recipes I post them...
  • kristinajaffe
    kristinajaffe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    MMM THANKS FOR SHARING .. SOUNDS DELISH!!
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yum. Bump.
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sounds delightful - thanks for sharing. I'm also addicted to that site. Everything I've tried has been terrific!