Low-fat cake - enter in food log????

Options
Hi

I am making a low-fat version of boxed cake. Where can I enter the nutrition facts in My Fitness Pal to record what I eat accuracly?

Tressa

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Hi, if i understand your question correctly, you have to go to Food, then click on recipes, click on add a recipe. then search for ingridents there and add them one by one. Don't forget to to enter how many the serving size. Then when you eat the cake and want to record it (add to your food diary) click on Food=> Recipes and click on your new recipe there and choose how many servings did you eat. Hope it helps :)))
  • tressa1989
    tressa1989 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well...it's a boxed cake so I don't really know all the ingredients. I was looking for a way to quick add the calories, fat, carbs, etc.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    ohhh, I see, then sorry can't help you- maybe you can google a simililar cake online ?I'm not sure:frown:
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Just add them from the back of your box. There's a "don't see what you're looking for?" add a food link somewhere down there.
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    you can add you own version of a boxed cake, if you go to my foods you can create from there, just minus the difference between the boxed version & your version but make sure you label it as an amended version!! thats what i do with my cereals for breakfast as i always use skimmed milk not semi skimmed which most results return!! hope this helps you! :flowerforyou:

11795304.png
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    See if you can barcode it from the smartphone app.
  • mbvan
    mbvan Posts: 30
    Options
    you can search for mix only and enter it that way

example: search pillsbury chocolate cake MIX only it will come up
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Shhh, dont tell MFP but goto www.caloriecount.com, click "search for your food," click "Foods," and then click on "Recipe Analyzer." You can enter everything at once, and will give you a full nutrition guide.