Belly fat??? :p

Options
I am wondering about the best exercises to remove belly fat and excess skin? I am currently 323 and doing zumba, water aerobics, and using the strength training "machines" at the gym. I carry A LOT of my weight in my belly, upper arms, and upper thighs, unfortunately. I was wondering if anyone had any tips to help lose my belly weight specifically. Also, what to do about excess skin when I begin losing bigger amounts of weight . . . my skin is stretched a lot I want to try to avoid the sagging skin as much as possible. Thanks for any and all suggestion :)

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Lose weight slowly to allow your skin time to shrink back up. It will heal, in time. (No more than 1-2 pounds a week.)

There is no way to target burn fat off a certain area without surgery or similar treatments. To get rid of belly fat, you need to get rid of body fat, and the weight will come off from the belly in time. Everyone gains and loses in different places in different orders.

To help minimize belly fat, try to limit stress. Take up yoga or meditation to help deal with everyday stresses. That cortisol-belly fat connection is real! The less stress you carry in your life, the smaller your belly can be.

Drink lots of water too. It really is the catch-all diet drink.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    All of that plus a good diet. Diet really is the key for belly fat
  • AimeeKessler
    AimeeKessler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Totally agree -- diet, exercise and water. Losing weight safely and sensibly is the way to go. Sounds like you're 100% on the right track with zumba, water aerobics and strength training. Keep it up!!
  • donlou33
    donlou33 Posts: 20
    Options
    Don't only concentrate on your tummy from what you see. Start on the inside and begin strengthening your core muscles. My core was damaged after having children, and also my skin was loose from stretching but since I have been working on my core muscles I have managed to almost completely repair the damage and my skin looks a lot better too.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I started at your current weight less than 15 months ago and lost the weight faster than I should have I suppose (no regrets though!) and the excess skin is much worse than I imagined, but you know what...it's ok. It's so worth it.

Oh and my belly is still hanging on. ugh. I look pretty good straight on or from behind, but preggers from the side. LOL

Whatever...I repeat:

It is SO worth it!
  • KatrinaG2012
    KatrinaG2012 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Stupid cortisol-belly fat connection........................:grumble:

I am living proof it is real.