What the heck?

evameva
evameva Posts: 5
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
I lost 38 kg before in 2005. Looked and felt real good. If there hadn't been so many changes and traumas after that I would have probably kept it off. But it was really bad.
I was diagnosed with a thyroid condition in 2003. An auto-immune disease called Hashimoto on top of it. I tend to be heavier. But with the hormones I had taken and am still taking I was able to lose the great amount in 2005. I did a lot of walking and went dancing at a nice club on weekends.
Last year was my first year with my husband and our kids as immigrants in Canada. I actually went to college and got my diploma this summer here. But I also gained weight. 16 kg in one and a half years. To scared in spring and fall to do my daily walking tours: bears and cougars and coyotes aren't exactly rare animals here. But I am still doing it now for the moment anyway, even though there have been 2 cougars sighted on the deck of a house a street higher from ours...
I keep my diet. And in 2 weeks i actually lost 3 kgs. Today I got on the scale and almost got discouraged as I saw that I gained 2 again... WHAT IS GOING ON??? Last time it went better! Now I actually have to lose each pound at least 3 times for it to stay off. I am sticking to the recommended calories. I am doing sports. My hormone level is doing fine.
Does anyone know something that may help me?

Replies

• alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    How often are you weighing yourself? Try not to weigh daily because there will be fluctuations. It could be water retention. The best thing that you can do it is to be consistent and dont be discouraged. You may also vary your workouts as much as possible and have a good balance of cardio workouts and strength trng and of course flexibility. You say you are staying within your calorie requirements, is it enough? A lot of people dont see results because they are actually not eating enough. And finally try to eat as healthy as possible, go for quality vs quantity. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Thanks for the reply:smile:
    I am eating enough and lots of good food. Weighing myself less might be an idea. I will see, I guess, thanks again for your help. I am sticking to it, don't worry.
This discussion has been closed.