please give me tips on Free Exercise

Options
Are there any free exercise programs that dont require much equipment or a gym membership i could try. I would really like to build up some muscle to help burn this fat and to make me look lean when im smaller. I dont currently do any exercise except walking and being on my feet all day at work but i am going to start the C25K program when i get over the whooping cough.

Replies

• microMXL
    microMXL Posts: 51
    Options
    How about the ones at http://www.bodyrock.tv/
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    light dumbbells are not expensive, but you can make weights with milk jugs and work with them (a full one weighs 8 lbs)
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Check out the "Try before you buy" section on t-tapp.com -- I lost an inch in each thigh just doing the Awesome Legs exercise every night for a week.
  • pinkhu13
    pinkhu13 Posts: 133
    Options
    On Youtube put "BeFit" in the search bar. They have tons of free workouts to choose from. I like some of the Denise Austin ones. She has some 20min butt kicker vids.
  • brittdaw32
    Options
    Run! All you need is a good pair of shoes. Or you could invest $10 and get a Jillian Michael dvd for working out at home. All you need are some light weights between 1-3lbs. It's seriously the best $10 I have spent!
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Check out youtube, there are a ton of different exercise routines and ideas on there
  • krunchykat
    krunchykat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rockette7
    rockette7 Posts: 18
    Options
    You can do lots of things with no equipment or money.
    Get out and walk around your neighbourhood. Kick a ball around with friends. Run up and down the stairs. Put on some music and do some crazy dancing round your living-room.
    You can do body-weight exercises, like squats, push-ups, triceps dips, crunches...loads! Use bottles of water or tins of food instead of weights.
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a TON on exercise videos. You can learn the moves then make up your own routines.

As others said check out:

bodyrock (charliesjames1975)
    Zuzka Light (ZuzkaLight)
    BeFitin90
    etc

also, for fun....youtube ghetto workout =)
  • kfitzs
    kfitzs Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks everyone i didn't think there would be much for free. I will have to check them all out and maybe give them all a go :)
  • jj3120
    jj3120 Posts: 358
    Options
    The nerd fitness beginners routine is a great place to start! I am on week 4, still can't do a full push up but I will get there : )
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • _rosegray
    _rosegray Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    from my experience running's worked for me.. i'm never motivated enough to continue with the youtube ones! if you find one you like its great though. i quite like the ones here: http://www.youtube.com/user/blogilates?ob=0, they're pretty hard but keep you motivated and there are loads there :)
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this question as I was researching things to do myself. I don't have money for a gym, nor are there any in my local area. I work 12 hour shifts standing all day and the last thing I want to do is travel after work. i want to workout at home and don't have spare room to house alot of big, bulky equipment. I love all the ideas and websites others are sharing....thanks!
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I just started level 1 of the jillian michaels 30 day shred, each routine is only like 20-30mins, its hard going but you can find it free on youtube
  • papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    walking

bags of sugar

back of a chair

the steps in your house

push-ups

sit ups
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Bodyrock.tv is good you may also want to try www.warriorxfit.com you will need a resistance band for that one but nothing else.
  • mimiclown
    mimiclown Posts: 32
    Options
    I have heard a hula hoop works wonders. Planning on getting on myself thia weekend.