Got over 100 lbs to lose and looking for supporters!!! :)

Options
Hi Everyone,

So I am four months away from my 30th birthday and am the highest weight I have ever been. I have tried just about every diet under the sun, 3 day diet, nutrisystem, weightwatchers, six week body make over, you name it, I've been there. Even was referred to a nutritionist by my doctor, but to no avail, still in the same situation I was in but worse...

I finally started weight watchers again back on March 23rd... I quickly found out that I wasn't going to be able to afford to continue to be on the program, and somehow came across MFP, which so far has been absolutely wonderful!

Working full time behind a desk has really punished me over the course of the years, especially with all of the gracious people I work with that like to bring in donuts and every other kind of food under the sun to share with me! I could use all of the support possible, so if you would like to add me, please do! andyandronnie

Replies

• repubgurl
    repubgurl Posts: 105
    Options
    Welcome! I will definitely add you! I too, am nearing 30 (June) and have over 100lbs to lose. I'm on here daily so you can count on me for support and encouragement.
    Good luck with your journey!!
  • CindyM0605
    Options
    Hi andyandronnie! I too have quite a bit to lose. I was onl WW a couple years ago and it worked. But its a monthly expense I can live without. My sister got me on MFP and I haven't looked back. I LOVE this thing!!

Always good to have the support and encouragement of friends!! I added you; hope will do the same! GOOD LUCK!! :D

Cindy
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Desk jobs are the worst!! ( im in there too lol) Ill send you a request!!
    heres what Ive been starting to do..
    I walk for my entire lunch (I dont knwo if your in the situation to do this.. btu i eat before lunch then walk around on lunch)
    I put my lunch far away (im lucky I have the lunch room waaay across the building) so i have to get up and go get it...
    I stand whenever I can!! Or dance in your seat... its fun too.. Just keep moving!!
    (I have no idea what you eat..) I cut the junk out of my diet and pretty much just eat clean now aka no chemicals or processed food... no white sugars and white flours... awful stuff... also byebye pop...
    I thought it would be boring and lame but it has been wonderful!! discovering all of these wholesome yummy new foods!!!

Im here for support.. im also just starting out so when I learn something new Ive been sharing haha :)

Goodluck you can do this!!!
  • andyandronnie
    andyandronnie Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!!! Yes! I am on here every day too! Loggin in my stuff! Last time I weighed in I was 253. Being 5'6" I know my "healthy" weight is suppose to be around 150 lbs, so I have a ways to go... It so hard getting in the excercise having to work behind a desk every day, but I am trying, when weather permits to go outside and do some walks. My husband has been slowly making progress too. He has been the hardest person for me to live with lately because he will just sit down and eat a Marie Calendar's frozen dinner, or go out and get steak and wings, etc. and of course I equally eat with him, which is leading to us both gaining massive weight. I have high blood pressure and am on two blood pressure medications at the age of 29. My cholesterol isn't looking so hot either. I am suppose to go in in the next couple of months to be checked out to see if the cholesterol has gone down, so I don't have to get on medication...

Hopefully with the change in my eating habits I can avoid medication!!! At least that is my goal.

My husband is 5'7" and weighs 280. His brother who was 6'2" and 388 lbs, passed away last year at the end of October, due to OBESITY/HYPOVENTILATION SYNDROME WITH TERMINAL POSITIONAL ASPHYXIA... Basically the fat in his body sufficated him when he passed out and was on unlevel ground. I am scared to death that my husband could die from being over weight especially being several inches shorter than his brother... So I am making positive changes in my house and he is slowly starting to change as well! Leading such a busy life, we both look for easy meals to eat, especially since he drives 18-wheelers all day... Thank you everyone! I hope I can help you out as much as you can help us!

~ Ronnie
  • YvonnePtm
    YvonnePtm Posts: 28
    Options
    Hi Great that you have joined this site. I only joined a few weeks ago and love it. I love the idea of logging my food and exercise on a daily basis so I can track my progress or lack of......I also need to lose a load of weight so would love it if we could support each other. :happy:
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request!
  • medepe82
    medepe82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ronnie,

I am so happy that you are taking an initiative to lose weight to better yourself and lengthen your life! I lost 75 lbs after my first son with MFP and haven't turned back since. I will definately be there to motivate you- just remember...if you fall, get up again. Sometimes temptation will lure us in and we will regress but we must not let that lost battle effect the next meal. I am studying nursing, diet/nutrituion and have become rather acquainted with what it takes to get results because of all the research I have done. If you ever need anything, let me know! I can share my strategy with you... I worked in banking for 10 yrs and ugh! sitting down all day is NO FUN. I took a run/walk on my lunch hours and ate my packed lunch AFTER I got back (exercise curbs appetite)

Best of luck and God Bless!

Stephanie (medepe82)
  • andyandronnie
    Options
    Definitly looking forward to it!!! It's so tough especially when you want it to come off a lot faster than you put it on!!! But we can do it! I know it! I am in it 100% and am determined to get this weight off, not only me but for my daughter and my husband!!! :happy:
  • andyandronnie
    Options
    I worked in banking as well for 8 years! Now I am doing housing assistance and behind a desk yet again, for the past six years and unfortunately, some of the people that I work with aren't the most pleasant people to work with, so the stress involved has added to my weight gain over the years! I am so excited, that is absolutely amazing 75 lbs!!! Great job
  • pinkdianne
    Options
    Hello! We all fight this battle every day!:drinker::blushing:
  • tatya317
    tatya317 Posts: 74
    Options
    you are more then welcome to add me :)
  • Annie831
    Annie831 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat im 5'5 and 212 also want to bet down to 150-130 mark and sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day when there are pizza wings cookies and cakes always brought in atleast once a week does not help. just got back on here today after two months of a stressfull move so i gained some weight back but im here to take it back off and all the support is a great thing. love making new friends welcome and good luck
  • downtownstazi
    downtownstazi Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hey girl hey! :)
    I'm 21
    5'6.2 and currently weigh 189..
    working my way down to 130ish.

I'm always on and have an open diary.
    It's not perfect but it's not bad.

I'm open for fitness buddies and motivation..both ways. :)
  • jak2315
    jak2315 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose 20 lbs. I've lost 18 of them. It's really hard, but I did it....almost! I'm still trying. You CAN do it too! You just need patience and will power. Take a walk on your lunch break. Doing pilates and yoga really helped me. Ride an exercise bike, do whatever you like to do. Try to mix things up and do something different evey day. That way you won't get bored. Eat lots of fresh veggies and lean protein. And don't be too hard on yourself. You owe it to yourself to be healthy!!!
  • Sabreeus
    Sabreeus Posts: 10
    Options
    your not alone I to have to lose alot but I going to take it one day at a time.
  • babyann79
    babyann79 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im always here for support..I sent a friend request!
  • always_sparkles
    Options
    HIya!

I'm 35, consistently overweight, also a veteran of almost every slimming club known to man (and doctor!)... I have 182lbs (count em!) to lose (ugh!) but was given a really good bit of advice today which kicked me up the bum nicely! Think of it like a mouse eating an elephant - one bite at a time! So now it's like my mantra...

Hope you dont mind if I add you...?

:o)
  • davene2012
    Options
    hi i am new here also and i need to lose over a hundred pounds and im really overwelmed by the numbers and would just like extra support of people who know what im going through
  • saraann4
    saraann4 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I'm totally adding you! I am 5'6" and currently weigh 255lbs. I think we can be good buddies! :)
  • stephc0711
    stephc0711 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Feel free to add me, I accept all FR's, I love being a support person!! :)