would love to hear from folks who achieved weight loss goal

Options
if you don't mind sharing.....for all who have achieved their weight loss goal...what did you do? food? exercise? Thanks! would love to know...

Replies

• Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Food and exercise, yup! Stayed away from a lot of simple carbs and processed foods. Zero soda. Did cardio 5 times a week for 8 weeks. Started lifting in middle of Feb. Currently I lift and do cardio 4-5 times a week as well as eat more protein and fewer carbs every day.
  • Darlingir
    Darlingir Posts: 437
    Options
    bump
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    <---- I'm only half way there but so far just eating better and walking.
  • bedeeda
    bedeeda Posts: 21
    Options
    DITTO! I'd love to know too :-)

I did Medifast 5 years ago and lost 50 lbs but HATED it and couldn't stay on it for long enough. I gained back every pound plus more :-(

I have been researching endlessly and have read that to lose weight effectively one should stay under 100 carbs (ideally 80-85) per day. Anyone know more about this? I've been trying for about 10 days or so to do this and have only managed to eat an average of 1300 cal. per day; my bmr is 2,980 cal; my food diary tells me my goal is 1980 cal per day with a whopping 272 carbs! I am SO confused!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I have achieved it, changed it, achieved it again, and am currently not sure I have one. I was meticulous about portion control and weighing everything. I still do, especially pasta. I usually exercise 3 times a week. I logged most everything but didn't really worry if I worked out more than I documented or if I documented condiments or little things. I always remembered to be patient with the weight loss.
  • bedeeda
    bedeeda Posts: 21
    Options
    bump
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    modest deficit, combo of cardio and heavy weight lifting.

I don't restrict foods, I mean I am vegetarian but I don't deprive myself of my favorites. If it fits in my calories/macros then I eat it. I am not perfect though.
  • kimberly130
    kimberly130 Posts: 166
    Options
    Honestly, Jillian Michaels videos! I changed my eating habits too, I made sure to log in every day and really think of what i was eating before i ate it. My problem was that i ate junk like dougnuts, snickers lots of carbs and realized i was thirsty not hungry, so before i ate the candy bar, id drink a glass of water and started to train myself to know when i was hungry and when i was just actually thirsty!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I hit my initial goal a couple months ago. After reassessing, I decided to work on dropping another 10 pounds.

I didn't eliminate anything from my diet. If it fit my daily calorie allowance, I ate. I have a net goal of 1650 per day, I eat back 50-75% of my exercise calories on most days, I "cheat" every so often and will go as much as 1000 over for my cheat day.

My exercise consists of moderate intensity bike rides and body weight strength training (push-ups, squats, etc.)
  • jodyl70
    jodyl70 Posts: 94
    Options
    I am LESS than 2 pounds away from my goal weight! :happy:

I have kept off over 50 pounds for several years now and did this wehn I STOPPED dieting and started walking and drinking water.

This was the year I was ready to tackle losing the last 10, which crept up to 15 pounds.

I found my success through eating, honestly eating more food and wise choices. Lots of protien and clean eating. Now saying that, I do NOT deprive myself of anything, though I make sure I have teh calories for it.

I also started lifting weights, real, heavy weights. This helped so much as well!

Be kind to yourself and do not expect it all overnight. You can do it! Best of luck!

:bigsmile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!