NSV - Blood work normal

Options
I started MFP and trying to get fit seriously at the end of February. Had blood work done the first of March, four of my blood work numbers were high including trigylcerides(159 I think). and good cholesterol and one other reading was low. Had the same blood work done last week and went to the Doctor today and got last weeks results and all numbers were normal with exception of good chlesterol and it was still a little low (only by 4 points tho) but it being low runs in my family. Triglycerides were 127 (150 or more is considered high) mine have been on the high side for 15 years or more. Also the Doctor took me off my blood pressure medicine when I ask him to cut it in half due to getting dizzy occassionally. He said with my progress he did not think I need it, I do have to go back in 4 weeks to see how the blood pressure is doing but he says he is certain it will be good. He also said according to his records I had lost 40 pounds since Janurary. Hoping to stop or reduce more meds when I go to my diabetes doctor in June. Goal is to be fit and med free.

Replies

• ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    good for you that is fantastic progress! I love your med-free goal :flowerforyou:
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Congrats.
  • mrsjeffreyp
    mrsjeffreyp Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Magnificent -- congratulations! I am trying to up my good cholesterol count but when I got my results today, it only went up one point. Guess I should be glad that it didn't go down. Dr told me that she wanted me to go on cholesterol meds but I wanted to work at increasing it on my own. Feel somewhat disappointed right now. I will continue doing my exercises and watching what I put into my mouth because I do feel much healthier and more energetic. It was good to see your improvement.
  • quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Med free and fit you will be! Great job! Keep up the amazing work you're doing! :)
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!! This is what it is all about!!!
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    That is awsome! Keep up the good work. I think you will continue this new lifestyle for yourself as your health is improving!
  • mandamommy3
    mandamommy3 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!