ideas???????

Options
Hello everybody,
I dont know if its the weather or the lack of support I have, but for the last two days I have not for the life of me wanted to get up and exercise. I have alot of weight to loose and a high goal for myself. But its rainy and I normally walk or ride my bike. Its hard to get in a full work out with my children. Any Ideas on something I can do indoors maybe get my kids involved or something fast so I can get done what i need to do with out them having me stop before i am done? They are 4 and 7yrs old.

Replies

• taylmarie
    taylmarie Posts: 161
    Options
    Do you have netfflix? There are theses videos you can stream called "10 minute solutions" and the workouts are broken up in 10 minute sections. You can do 1 or 3 or 6 in a row, whatever you have time for. You might find it on YouTube too. I do some of them and I like them. Good luck!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    A Wii Fit or Dance Dance Revolution would be fun with the kids. Or pick up the 30 Day Shred for the days the weather isn't all that great.
  • bstoetzer
    bstoetzer Posts: 96
    Options
    You could always put on music and dance....burns a lot of calories and your girls might have lots of fun!
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    When I started out and it was crappy outside, or I didn't feel like exercising, I told myself at least do some stretches...then I figure "ok, I'm moving, do some sit ups" Well, since I did some sit ups, may as well do my girlie push ups, on and on. Most days that worked and before I knew it, I would go ahead and go for that walk, or jump on the stationary bike. I don't have too much trouble now. I'm addicted to exercise and get a bit testy if I can't do an hour of something. lol
  • lsegatti
    lsegatti Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Every movement is better than none: consider doing experience sthat will assist your children to conenct their mind and body and even help them learn to read and write. Movements in place, marching, stretching, swing and sway, twist and turn, rise and sink....to music or just to the count of three and five etc.

Do movements that take you to other places, skip, hop, jump, leap, gallop ( step, kick back of the heel) dominant foot in front and skip step hop ( alternating feet). Use 16 oz cans of food to "lift" weights. Recommendations is 60 minutes per day for children that are focused and directed by adults and 60 minutes per day of self choice to practice these skills. That is two hours of movement per day, good for all of us.

Add party music and rock on......every movement is better than none!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    lift weights - you can do a few sets and take breaks to do things your kids may need and then come back and do more sets...

better yet, make a game of it and get your kids involved. Have them lift something little (it is my understanding that younger kids shouldn't be weight training seriously) such as a can of food. See who can do the most reps with their weight. You could also do some other form of exercise with them - play tag/chase, make an "obstacle course" that they can handle and one that you can handle and see who can get through it first. Not only will you be working on your health, but you will be encouraging your kids to do the same (whether or not they need it) and making memories/teaching them that being healthy is fun.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Do you have netfflix? There are theses videos you can stream called "10 minute solutions" and the workouts are broken up in 10 minute sections. You can do 1 or 3 or 6 in a row, whatever you have time for. You might find it on YouTube too. I do some of them and I like them. Good luck!

These are great, I use them often. Or put on some dance music and dance with the kids! They'll love it and you'll get a great workout!
  • jakay_f
    jakay_f Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks everybody! We are some dancing fools in this house. :) Again the past few days I just dont want to do it; i think its the weather.. its rainy and kind of cold.