1880 calories?

Options
I'm active alot because of my job. Sweat all day for the most part. Handle thousands of cases of beer a week.....I put my wieght and height, in and goal of 2 lbs loss a week and it gave 1880 calories a day...does that seem right?.... I lowered it to 1100

Replies

• KelseyDawn84
    KelseyDawn84 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Google BMR calculators. You need to eat MORE than your BMR. There are a lot of people that are losing by eating well over 1500 calories.
  • dougii
    dougii Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Raise it back up. Don't go under 1200 cals a day in food. If you are that active 1880 sounds good - remember that MFP builds in a deficit. Try 1880 for 2 or 3 weeks and see what happens. I started at 1620 with sedintary desk job and it has been reduced to 1500 because the weight I have lost. This has been working just fine.
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    1100 is too little to sustain a petite, sedentary lady.
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    You're a guy, right? 1100 is WAY WAY too little. Hell, I'm a woman and I'd waste away eating like that. Try the 1880 for a few weeks and track your weight/measurements, etc.

You can also use this: http://fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr to get an idea of what you should be eating to lose. I'll eat my hat (and I love my hat) if it's anywhere near 1100.
  • BradMunro
    Options
    At 1080 right now and almost bedtime...I'll bump it up.... 1500 cal a day
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've been eatin' 1200 for two days and it's just sufficient for me... I'm 5'2 and don't excercise eveeeer.... dude, you have to eat more kcal
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    1880 is definitely a good number for a guy...especially an active one.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Yikes! 1100 is super low! I am a female pizza vendor, meaning I'm constantly bending, lifting, reaching, shoving, pulling dozens of 40-60 cases of pizza a day, running around from store to store. I originally had myself at 1800 and I WAS NOT EATING ENOUGH! I am at 1910 now. As an active man, you should be eating far more than 1100 calories.
  • boggsmeister
    boggsmeister Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I was thinking more like 2200 with doing lifting all day like that.
  • BradMunro
    Options
    Thanks for the advice!
  • gumigal82
    gumigal82 Posts: 350
    Options
    I'm active alot because of my job. Sweat all day for the most part. Handle thousands of cases of beer a week.....I put my wieght and height, in and goal of 2 lbs loss a week and it gave 1880 calories a day...does that seem right?.... I lowered it to 1100

I eat 1200 on my non exercise days! 1400-1500 on my exercise days, and I'm 5'2/115 pounds. Definitely keep the calories up:)
  • terryjo623
    terryjo623 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I am a waitress so I put my setting at active also and I also got 1800 calories. I have been at that for 80 days and I have lost 25lbs. I would say try it, it is only 100 over my BMR and it is working great!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    1100 is too little to sustain a petite, sedentary lady.

^^ yea

I am 118 and 5ft 4 and eat MUCH more than that to lose weight.
    Skinny fat is not what you want.
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would go with what MFP says

it is telling you that going by your height, weight, and activity level. you could eat as much as 2880 and not gain weight.

might sound high but I am sure it is pretty accurate.

if you wanna lose 2 pounds a week at the same activity level you are at, you can eat 1880.

If you think that is not right, lower your activty level.

but do not eat as little as 1100

you might lose a bunch of weight, but a lot of it will be muscle and you won't feel very great after the initial motivation is gone.

I stick with MFP's recommendations and I have lost 40 pounds and feel nice and strong.
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    1100 is way too low.
    I'm pretty active,weigh 125 lbs and I'm 5ft 4.

I eat between 1800 and 1900 calories per day.