need friends

Options
Hi
I'm new to MFP and would like to make some friends on the same path of getting healthy. I'm generally a happy person. 54 years old but act like im 12 . I have 4 grown kids and 3 grandkids, with one on the way. I was a personal trainer for the milatry up until 2 years ago when I had to take medical leave. I really loved my job but I just wore out my joints doing to much for to long. I still many hours in the gym and am always up for challenges.

Looking forward to getting to know you

yours in health
Karen

Replies

• JerseyGirl4eva
    Options
    You are my friend :heart:
  • LeeRB1990
    LeeRB1990 Posts: 34
    Options
    I'll be your friend :)
  • J0ET
    J0ET Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here too, add me! I was in the USAF - which branch did you train with?
  • Bumdrahp
    Bumdrahp Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! I too am new ( joined a while back but never used my act) and am looking for new friends! I'll send over a request!
  • vlawhun
    vlawhun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi My name is Veronica and i am wanting to also make new friends and find other people also for a buddy system i thought i might help to have someone for support and keep us on track , I know i sure need it to stay on track . I also have bad knees and had to have both of my knees replaced and so i can't do a lot of hard exercise so i go to the YMCA and work out in the pool and pray i can stay faithful to it ......
    Thanks,
    Veronica
  • Meadows18
    Meadows18 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I just like you 54 yrs old. I have a daughter who is 18 but with special needs. My husband works evenings and I see him twice a week, usually Tuesdays and Saturdays. I was sitting around the house and would eat just to I guess satisfy or occupy myself. In January I joined MFP through the advice of a friend thru work. I love it, I have been communicating with this friend and have recently started adding friends. I have joined a gym in my hometown and have been trying to go 3 times per week directly after work for 30 minutes. Please accept my friend request.
  • rocketass99
    rocketass99 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    vAhhh thank you :smile:
  • kritney
    kritney Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)
  • jjnt007
    jjnt007 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Amazing career. Good luck on your journey.
  • neecee101
    neecee101 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello! I am new here. I started my journey a yr. ago. I had The Lap band surgery in May of 2011.
  • cinnamonmc33
    Options
    Help I need friends!!!! Lol This is all new to me. I could use all of the positive advice that I can get. I have 75 lbs to lose. Starting a gym membership next month. Need a good workout for home. Any suggestions????
  • rkaybaker
    rkaybaker Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am Kay and this is my first day here. I think this will be a great tool in getting in shape. I hae alot of weight to lose. I am 54 yrs old and weight comes off slow for me......need all of the smiles I can get
  • LINDAJWORLEY
    Options
    Hi Everyone!!
    I'm Linda, 64 yrs, tired of MYSELF, being morbidly obese has me depressed and waiting for the "heart attack". i don't want to live like this and being a retired nurse, i know better. i want to follow my son's example on this site. he's lost 40lbs on here, so here comes MOM!! ha
    i recently joined the pool to walk, its easier on my legs. any other suggestions???