"2460 calories a day"?

Options
According to the MFP calculator, I have to consume 2460 calories a day! It was normally at 1300, then I entered my exercises and it moved up to 2460. That is more than I have ever ate or will eat. I only eat around 1500-1700 a day? Will that affect my weight loss goal? The calculator seems to be off, I think I'll gain weight if I eat that much.

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    I dunno, cool guy, your diary is, like, private and ****.
  • lyssaloo
    lyssaloo Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I don't eat my exercise calories back, so I wouldn't eat them, but it's up to you.
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    According to the MFP calculator, I have to consume 2460 calories a day! It was normally at 1300, then I entered my exercises and it moved up to 2460. That is more than I have ever ate or will eat. I only eat around 1500-1700 a day? Will that affect my weight loss goal? The calculator seems to be off, I think I'll gain weight if I eat that much.

That is over 2 hours of exercise. You should be hungry enough to eat more than 1300 calories for sure! But these calorie counters over estimate burned calories. Get a heart rate monitor and figure out how much your body is actually burning. Then you will have a more accurate evaluation of what fuel your body needs.
  • blasiansrus
    blasiansrus Posts: 151
    Options
    Listen to your body! Don't force yourself to eat until you're stuffed just to get the calories. If you stop losing weight, you might need to eat more (maybe adding calorie dense foods like nuts or something)

You can also find your total daily expenditure here: http://www.health-calc.com/diet/energy-expenditure-advanced
    & just subtract 500-1000 from the 2nd number! :)
    Good luck!
  • zoom2
    zoom2 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    What are you doing for exercise? There are definitely days when I run >2 hours or bike for 3 or so when I could eat that much and still lose.
  • Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel
    Way_2_a_Healthy_Mel Posts: 175 Member
    Options
  • mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    It is called eating back your exercise calories.
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    For those of you curious about my exercise.
    I do this 7 times a week.
    Run 30 minutes at a 6 to 7 minute mile Pace
    Bike 12mph to 14 mph for 30 minutes
    Bench Press
    Push Ups
    And this ab circle pro machine thing.
  • hufflypuff
    hufflypuff Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    For those of you curious about my exercise.
    I do this 7 times a week.
    Run 30 minutes at a 6 to 7 minute mile Pace
    Bike 12mph to 14 mph for 30 minutes
    Bench Press
    Push Ups
    And this ab circle pro machine thing.

Sounds like you are burning more around 1000 calories a day maybe less. I still say get a heart rate monitor to know for sure. :)
  • ginneyrose
    ginneyrose Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Eating ur exercise cals keeps ur metabolism up and keeps u burning cals thru day.
  • coolteenager101
    coolteenager101 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Dang this thing is pretty confusing. I have a heart monitor on my treadmill, so what do i do with it?