Clam Chowder fans must try!

Options
paulieboy113
paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
Just made it again and I absoultly love it!

Thank You to Gina from skinnytaste.com for the recipe,and many other great recipes that I have tried.

I have only changed 1 thing and that is beceause we all love super chunky soup is I didnt blend the soup and added a little cornstarch to thicken the soup. it is easy to make, inexpensive and super delicious.

Clam Chowder, Lightened Up
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 • Serving Size: 1 1/4 cups • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 5 pts
Calories: 209.1 • Fat: 5.8 g • Protein: 16.2 g • Carb: 23.4 g • Fiber: 1.7 g • Sugar: 5.7 g Sodium: 209.5 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 tbsp flour
1 large white onion, chopped fine
2 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 cups 2% milk
1 cup fat free vegetable broth
2 (10 oz) cans clams, drained, juice reserved
2 bay leaves
1 tsp thyme
2 tbsp fresh chopped parsley

kosher salt and fresh pepper
1 cup fresh corn

Directions:

In a large pot, melt butter. Add onions, and heat on low heat until onions are translucent. Add flour and stir. Add milk, vegetable broth, clam juice, potatoes, bay leaf, thyme and salt & pepper to taste.

Cook on low until potatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Remove half of the soup and bay leaves and put in blender. Return to pot. Add clams, corn and adjust salt if needed and cook another 5 minutes. Serve and garnish with fresh parsley

Replies

• Bonnie91082
    Bonnie91082 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love clam chowder, never had it with corn. I wonder how this would taste with unsweetened almond milk.
  • mrsvanderpool
    mrsvanderpool Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Bump to save
  • paulieboy113
    paulieboy113 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    this clam chowder has a sweetness already and I think it may be way too sweet with the vanilla almond milk. I have made it with and without the corn and it is great either way.