Mom on a mad misson

Options
Hello everyone! I have struggled with loosing weight since the birth of my first girl 7 years ago. I don't want to be one of those mother's that blames her weight and lack of self esteem on having a kid. I have tried several diets and give up before I see any results. Just looking for some friendly guidance to kick my butt so to speak .. get me going.
I have been reading lots of books and have a friend that is a huge inspiration to me .

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP..This is the best FITNESS site on the WEB...if you stick with it ..It will become addictive and the food diary is enough to guilt you into be careful about what you eat..Best Wishes:happy: and Welcome Aboard:flowerforyou:
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    I too was giving up before results. Most recently the past week when I started up tracking calories again. I got frustrated because I wasn't seeing instant results. When I got on the scale today, low & behold the scale numbers went down.

I will repeat I was very frustrated and the past few days I was horrible - no self esteem no confidence no belief in myself.

So, what I did learn in the past few days, patience is needed. Now seeing some success my confidence is creeping back up.
  • getfitter2009
    Options
    I would say, put down those books, and get to the gym. i have struggled with motivation all my life (apart from the one time 10 years ago when i acheived my goal and slimmed right down). What is working for me this time is the fact that i set mid and long term goals. Instead of looking for results within the first 3 mtns, i forget about scales, and weight loss and just concerntrate on sticking to a routine (gym 4 times per week), eating better, and pushing my self constantly to get, fitter and stronger. On average (not everyone) you wont see any drastic change untill the three mnth mark anyway. After 3 mnths, the routine of diet and exersize becomes quite natural and you start to look forward to the next training session.
    Now once the good habits are in place, then reading books on nutrition and fitness is good, understanding whats good and bad for your body is definitely a plus.

And lastly i would say, think how good you would feel at your ideal weight, focus on the great feeling that you would have when you get there, and start your journey.

Good Luck !!!!