How do you drink your green tea?

Options
psmd
psmd Posts: 764 Member
I love black tea with skim milk and a little honey or sugar, but want to start drinking green tea especially when it's late. Can I drink it with milk/honey as well? I think with some of the decaf/herbal teas the milk curdles. I know I should probably just drink it plain but maybe I'll move towards that one day. How do you drink yours?

Replies

• Nu_Mel
    Nu_Mel Posts: 48
    Options
    Plain, no milk or sugar. There are some sweeter herbal teas out there if you need something a little sweet. One of my favourites is green tea with mint, perfect 3pm pick me up.
  • papergirl22
    papergirl22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    iced with splenda...I LOVE green tea...

And occasionally (like during shark week) I add 2 TBS of organic 5.49 a bottle apple cider vinegar to help with bloat....and suck it down through a straw with my nose plugged.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I put matcha green tea powder into vanilla protein shakes.
  • akshayam29
    Options
    never try it with milk...very awful...i make this way...i use loose tea leaves not the bags.....i first heat up water....take it off from the stove....then add tea leaves and grated fresh ginger...close it with a lid...wait for 2 mins.....then add honey and lemon...tastes perfectly fine.....
  • DesignGuy
    DesignGuy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I buy loose tea (white, green, oolong) and drink it hot and without anything added.
  • MontagneGitane
    MontagneGitane Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I buy the kind with jasmine and drink it iced with a little bit of stevia. For some reason I just don't enjoy it hot.

And occasionally (like during shark week)

LOL! I haven't heard that before. Made me laugh. :D
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    the shark week comment is funny and random!

I just made some with 1oz skim milk and 1/2 tblspn of honey and it's awesome! what brands do you guys like? this was a sample I got from Birchbox.

may try just honey + lemon next time.
  • SWilland
    SWilland Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    http://www.teavana.com/ <
    :love:

Find a good loose leaf tea and you wont want to add anything to it. It has such a wonderful light delicate flavor and pairs swimmingly with lemon and honey.

Teavana has some pretty stellar flavored green teas if you want something with flavor and has some sweetness added to it.

Happy Tea Drinking! :drinker:
  • whoiskat23
    whoiskat23 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I like it with milk and sugar. Delish to me *shrugs*
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    Options
    Green tea with spearmint! It's just lovely, and delicious piping hot or lukewarm - however you like it. The tea I drink is called Moroccan Mint. I get the leaves from a shop in NZ called T-leaf, don't know if it's got stores outside NZ though.

Phwoar. It's REALLY good.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options

I must try this...

I drink green tea straight and hot. Though now it's getting warmer out I have been drinking less of it... :(
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I love green tea with mint in it! I do not put any sort of sweetener or milk in green tea.
  • Zarebeth
    Zarebeth Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I add a bag of my fave herbal tea... The berry flavors and the lemon ones are awesome, with a bit of Splenda.
  • Koshkaxo
    Koshkaxo Posts: 332 Member
    Options

That sounds awesome!!

I don't like plain green tea, I find it's quite bitter. I always get the fruit flavored variety. Right now I'm on a box of Lipton Green Tea Superfruit: Wild Cranberry with Pomegranate. Its so yummy and no extra calories :love:
  • EmpathyBot
    EmpathyBot Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I drink my green tea either plain, or with a bit of honey/lemon.

Chai tea (the black chai, not green) with a bit of milk, pinch of sugar, and some cinnamon.

And plain black tea, I either drink with skim milk, and a bit of sugar, or with a bit of honey.
    Not a fan of fruit teas, and I'm just starting to move toward herbal tea.